Toyota vigo insurance, how much ? 5 years old car. Thank you

myshem

hi, i would like to pay the car insurance for a Thai who is driving without insurance after getting the first year insurance for free.

do you know how much I will have to pay for first class or for the cheapest insurance ?

What is for you the best/cheapest company ? anything online ?

something weird that I did not know, it is possible to get your car road tax even if you do not have an insurance ? I was thinking that you needed to be insured to be able to get the road tax sticker ? it seems that the rule is not always applied ?! thank you.

Yep, fill in the online form at Roojai.com, you can fool around with it to see what different policies cost. If you go for it they inspect the ride by iPhone camera, so you have to download their app which is quite simple as Mrs.Trans sorted ours. ????

You can tax it with the compulsory government insurance which you must have even if you have private insurance, think costs a little under 700bht..Road tax goes down after 5 years old by about 10% until it's 10 years old where it stays the same after that..

5 hours ago, myshem said:

hi, i would like to pay the car insurance for a Thai who is driving without insurance after getting the first year insurance for free.

You don't say what model it is and if they be driving for 4 year with just CTPL why bother.

You can get many website quotes if it's that important.

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

Based on what i pay i would have thought around the 10000 baht mark, although places like Roojai (the on line insurer) might offer it a lot less. To get the road tax i think you only need the complusory 1647 baht insurance.

Please, who are you insuring with. My 6 yr old Vigo..........Bht 14000 with AXA. I don't know if they are any good as I have never claimed.

Compulsory insurance is Bht 680.

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Please, who are you insuring with. My 6 yr old Vigo..........Bht 14000 with AXA. I don't know if they are any good as I have never claimed.

Compulsory insurance is Bht 680.

I suspect that the figure of ฿10 000 is for second class insurance, which is normal and adequate for a five year old car.

฿14 000 will be for first class insurance, which my provider says won't be allowed once the car is 7 years old. AXA has a good reputation (around here - depends on the local office I guess). 

You generally get your obligatory tax and insurance done at the same place, very quickly, for the above mentioned ฿1600 or so. 

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I suspect that the figure of ฿10 000 is for second class insurance, which is normal and adequate for a five year old car.

฿14 000 will be for first class insurance, which my provider says won't be allowed once the car is 7 years old. AXA has a good reputation (around here - depends on the local office I guess). 

You generally get your obligatory tax and insurance done at the same place, very quickly, for the above mentioned ฿1600 or so. 

I was still getting first class insurance on my Vigo when it was  11 years old...????

1 hour ago, cooked said:

Where do you get road tax & insurance for Bht 1600. Por a Bor is 600 and road tax was 5500 last year, six years old.

15 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Where do you get road tax & insurance for Bht 1600. Por a Bor is 600 and road tax was 5500 last year, six years old.

And next year it will be around 5000bht....You are right that the gov insurance is 6/700bht..

Roojai would also give me first class insurance on my 11 year old Vigo as a new customer...

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Depends on c.c. engine size for car also on c.c. for trucks and whether 2 door or 4 door. 

5 hours ago, transam said:

And next year it will be around 5000bht....You are right that the gov insurance is 6/700bht..

Roojai would also give me first class insurance on my 11 year old Vigo as a new customer...

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Depends on c.c. engine size for car also on c.c. for trucks and whether 2 door or 4 door. 

1200 cc motor, I didn;t know that tax went up that much. We certainly don't pay ฿5000 for the Toyota Hilux diesel.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

1200 cc motor, I didn;t know that tax went up that much. We certainly don't pay ฿5000 for the Toyota Hilux diesel.

When I had my 4 door Vigo it was 7000 bht now we have 2 door smartcab 1.9 it's 1200 baht.

The fee for the tax sticker depends on the type and age of your vehicle. Typically for a motorbike it is around 300-400 baht. For a car it starts at around 1,000 baht (engine up to 2,000cc), average price is about 2,000 baht (for example a Toyota Altis 1.8) but it can go up to 6 to 7,000 baht, for instance for a 4-door pick-up.

The fee is the same each year for the first five years, then it is reduced by 10% every year up to a maximum of 50%.

Archived