Korean Tourist Fined For Slapping Suvarnabhumi Staff

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Lived in Korea for 4 years in the Army, never heard that one, but S Korean women are easily roused and will strike out.........a soldier working for me had his arm pulled out if its shoulder socket by his wife, she misunderstood him, he said he was going to the Store, she thought he said 'going to find a <deleted>'

In Thailand, that often means the same thing ????

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, police fined the assailant Bt1,000 before she could also depart the country. 

So, that's all it costs to vent your frustration out on airport security.  Hummm. ????

The South Korean was wrong - no doubt about this. 

In all fairness though, the airport security staff can be very rude, impolite and does not speak English.

In Chiang Mai they confiscated one (of my two lighters) as only one is apparently allowed. I turned around to wait for my following wife to give her this lighter (a sentimental present). Without asking the security guard had meanwhile thrown this  lighter into a bin; that's when I asked for the supervisor. A lengthy discussion with Waiying all over the place by everybody EXCEPT the security guard who was no longer to be seen. Elsewhere such staff would get fired; they cannot simply throw things away without the approval of the owner - me thinks!  

In another incident a security agent shouted to me a couple of times "Ben" with some seriously mean looks. As my name is not Ben and I had no clue what she was referring to she came and fingered at my "Belt". A fellow passenger then asked me to remove my belt, to be passed though the scanner. 

The procedures are individually applicable on an airport-to-airport basis. Bangkok leaves you the belt and the big toothpaste, Chiang Mai = no belts and no computers (iPad though is "no computer"), in Udon leaves you the 0.5 liter water bottle and U-Tapao had no problem with my shaving cream in a can.

In addition, all these "check points" are seriously overstaffed, two poking noses, one on Line, one looking at the screen and then the minder interfacing with the passenger. 

Teach this outsourced service company's staff the word "service" and basic English would help; any airport inside Myanmar has properly English-speaking staff - just to say! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Maybe this South Korean is another of those Hi So <deleted> you often hear about.  She is in a

foreign country and does not act in an adult manner, should have been made to pay a lot more baht for hitting an airport official.

Geezer

I was thinking this myself.

But, yeah, it's assault too. DOH! TIT ????

Archived