Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chopper Gang ? We're hear Gary Glitters got something to do with it next.

You never know - I thought he still had a boat in Pattaya??

Seriously though - until they have go who really did this the speculation by the police is nearly as good as the Thaivisa wannabee police volunteers.

Not for them posing on Beach Road though - the TV Police Volunteer wants to be the CSI of the Volunteer police

Is this the best of TV then? Two women are murdered and TV members rush to lable them Prostitutes.

An accusation we're not even allowed to throw that at bar girls.

It's obvious that a news item like this would attract a lot of interest, a lot of postings and all kinds of mad capped theories, and the inevitable assumptions that the poor ladies were prostitutes, and that they were murdered by Russian mafia, Thai mafia, and even Jewish mafia.

All this was predictable, and par for the course.

What I didn't expect was 32 pages, nearly 500 posts in only 2.5 days.

Overkill (unintentional pun) and over sensationalism and fascination with the morbid; gruesome by any standards.

All that needed to be said - and a lot more - was probably said on the first 2-3 pages.

32 pages is just incredible - and probably has increased to 34 during the time it's taken me to write this.

This obsession is not too disimilar with CNN's unbelievable fascination and countless hours of footage on the disposition of a certain celebritiy's body in the USA.

I guess the way we farangs behave and think in sunny Thailand is a just a reflection of what is happening in the big world outside.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

whenever i go to jomtien beach, which is quite often, i only ever see the police chasing poor thai girls selling ice lollies - laughing. they should have chased this geezer !!!! sometimes they chase the wrong ones.

Part of the problem with that Jomtiem/Pattaya area is POLICE VISIBILITY. With the amount of tourists and workers there, especially in the evenings, and especially with the crime rate that seems to be on a constant rise in numbers and violence, you should see a cop on the beat wherever you are. If they're dressed as civilians, it beats the whole purpose of showing there is a police presence. There 's just no excuse when people get robbed, assaulted or beat up right on Beach road. Incompetence all the way.

Is it just me or do I always see more policemen in the daytime than I do evenings?

Edited by Tony Clifton

Wow

The lead is great news. I can see this movie the Chopper gang gets snubbed by two nice looking

russian girls so they do a little face saving and some snubbing of their own.

The pic will be several 120 cc mopeds lined up with people from age 15 to 40 in combat boots and

jeans.

we bought them drinks then they would not go with us and we had to save face, of course the leader

will have a 250cc with no baffle in the muffler.

And from the nation....

"Both the women worked as telephone operators in Vladimit City and were visiting Thailand in a tour group."

Nah - the intelligent guys on here who just "KNEW" they were hookers could never be wrong - sue The Nation.

Emprical evidence and thaivisa are a bit too far apart for some

I know prostitutes that are office workers, secretaries, food vendors, house wives, shop attendants and a host of other occupations. but come night time, it's time for the second job

so stop being so naive and please realize that because someone has a day job,it doesn't mean they cannot be a hooker

It's clear as day,  well to some people anyway

If you meant to say empirical evidence, your post would make more sense,

@ (S)Pampal,

I nearly start vomiting while I read your intelligent postings here.

I suggest Police have to bring u in for further questioning as it is obviously that u got a

lot of inside information on that case. Seems you know the both ladys personally, otherwise

I cant see why are u still talking of prostitutes.

Same for the other people here who still suggests the poor dead girls are just prostitutes, like

all the other 50.000 Russian girls visiting Pattaya or Jomtien every Year. Give your intel to the police or shut the f....k up.....you are wasting our time here :o

I want see YOU as a family member who just lost a beloved one that way it was happend and ppl like YOU scumbags has nothing else to do as to throw scum at them...... :D

deepest condolences to their family and friends, may they girls rest in peace

I agree that people who labelled these girls should be made to have a 'holiday' from thaivisa.

From what I know, its against the forum rules to have discussions about bargirls, So I do not find it fair that these people are allowed to call these poor dead girls...

The only ladies in these idiots lives must be bar girls, hence thinking any walking female is for sale..

GET A LIFE!

[i know prostitutes that are office workers, secretaries, food vendors, house wives, shop attendants and a host of other occupations. but come night time, it's time for the second job

so stop being so naive and please realize that because someone has a day job,it doesn't mean they cannot be a hooker

It's clear as day,  well to some people anyway

If you meant to say empirical evidence, your post would make more sense,

Ive read a lot of postings on here. Its good to read some peoples " Conspicy Theory's" as it can add food for thought ( good and bad).

I am hoping the truth will come out and add closure to this event but I doubt it. After reading many things here and from other sources I dont think I would be "sold" on any outcome.

Another event I followed closely was the killing of the couple in Kanchanaburi by the cop. The outcome was clear on that one and the leason learned (re-enforced) " Ladys DO NOT flirt with thai men" expecially one thats been drinking and believes hes in with a chance. I am a little suprized that that one wasnt brought up. After seeing the pictures it seemed to me there may have been another or others at that table a one time.

The only thing I would like to add is PAMPAL YOU ARE A GOOSE!!!.

I think its funny that some of you guys think its "suspect" and "careless" of the Russian birds to be hanging around the beach at 5am drunk at a BEACH RESORT!!!

Pattaya is obviously not a place for normal leisure tourists when its considered careless and stupid to hang around the beach at night. The first times i went to Thailand i had no idea what the dangerous places to visit at night were and what not to say to Thais to get stabbed etc. Its not like they hand out brochures that say "Walking down beahroad at night is extremely dangerous" "Insulting a Thais manhood is enough reason for him to shoot you. Enjoy your stay in the Land of smiles" (well actually i think they do have pamphlets warning about beach road)

I honestly think knowing all this crap is destroying my holidays. Ahh to be young and blissfully ignorant again.

artfullmover your dead right !! a goose, a goose, a 100% goose. how can this pampal guy say these words? two nice looking ladies have been shot to there death, while on holiday. whatever they were doing, whatever they were up to, they dont deserve this. he said i was hysterical, i am not hysterical but i bet the girls poor families are. i think he has gone off here now anyway, thank goodness. we dont need people like that on here, this is for discussion not for slagging the dead people.

I agree that people who labelled these girls should be made to have a 'holiday' from thaivisa.

From what I know, its against the forum rules to have discussions about bargirls, So I do not find it fair that these people are allowed to call these poor dead girls...

The only ladies in these idiots lives must be bar girls, hence thinking any walking female is for sale..

GET A LIFE!

might be time for a poll! - I agree, flick these morons George, it is out of order.

I heard something spread on a "forum get together" about myself, not to long ago. slanderous remarks are common place with half of these <deleted>.

Every dog has his day.

How about this for a novel approach?

The Thai police have offered a Baht 100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the individual(s) involved in this tragic case.

Many posters have questioned the capabilities of the Thai police. Many posters have expressed dismay at the crime level in Pattaya. Many posters have suggested farangs are at increased risk of bodily harm in Pattaya.

There are at least 2 newspapers here in Pattaya that cater to and make their income from Farang. Could not One of them arrange a bank account to allow us to contribute money to this reward effort? Baht 100,000 is a fine start to this by the Thai police but not a very large amount of money in a western context. By contributing to a very public effort to help the police solve this horrible case we can help others and help ourselves.

We who live here are very aware of our precarious position in Thailand given our lack of a power base equivalent to a local Thai who has grown up here and has many social contacts to help him/her in event of conflict. But money is power. And directed money is directed power.

Let us make a start towards moving away from being powerless victims.

And in the event that this case is unsolved, a donation to the families of these poor girls to help defray the expense of repatriating their bodies would be a good work by the farang community of Pattaya.

How naive some people are. Did you not see what happened to the contributions that were made to the tsunami victims in the south? They were "stolen" out of a safe in the local police station. .. :o

Exactly.

It's a good idea from a western point of view but could turn around very easily here. Reinforcing the farang=money stigma and soon nothing would get solved with out some money shown. Sorry it's allready like that, almost..

stamps in passport or not, drinking cheap whiskey or not, hookers or not, THEY DONT DESERVE TO DIE.....

Hope you are not just figuring this out. No one deserves to be shot and killed, specially in execution style.

No one has condone the murders so it is a mute statement to make.

By knowing the girls history a bit, the speculation of were they there for more than a vacation or working in

the seedey nightlife that Pattaya is well known for and many others do.

It is a place of crime, corruption, sex, drugs and hot headed locals that will shoot you for looking at them wrong in one nice little package. Two innocent girls show up, on their own, and gunned down in a few days for what seems to be nothing other than a early morning swim by themselves with a cheap booze up.

This is not a common circumstance in anyway.

Nice looking girls, cheap booze on early morning swim gunned down execution style in seedey town. This is things movies are made about. Didn't anyone talk to these girls about the dangers of the area and being on their own. Someone cared enough to buy their plane ticket but not enough about their welfare.

Spot on.

This information is from page one so let's not start to repeat ourselves.

GET A LIFE!

might be time for a poll! - I agree, flick these morons George, it is out of order.

I heard something spread on a "forum get together" about myself, not to long ago. slanderous remarks are common place with half of these <deleted>.

Every dog has his day.

Agreed .. :o

Maybe its time some people go to re-read the forum rules before posting on here..

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated

Looks like alot of people havent read the forum rules :o