Prayut won't step down as PM for poll

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“Don’t press me now,” Prayut said. “Who will do this if I quit? I will stay no matter what. The law doesn’t say I have to leave. I can stay until the new government is in place.”

If he loses, which I doubt, I find the last sentence particularly worrying. 

13 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Don’t press me now,” Prayut said. “Who will do this if I quit? I will stay no matter what. The law doesn’t say I have to leave. I can stay until the new government is in place..”

Wah! What a Grumpy-pants!

Someone needs a few tokes and a hug...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Don't worry, I got my Voodoo doll out and I'm giving it a few pricks...

A bit like Chanocha's been doing to Thailand for four years really... giving it a few pricks.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

If he stays on during the lead-up to polling day and before the new government takes office, political observers say the regime will use its absolute power and current status to manipulate the poll.

You can bet he is contemplating this move.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

They said the government could conveniently use the government’s major “Pracharat” scheme, which shares the same keyword as the pro-junta party “Phalang Pracharat”, to gain popularity over other parties. 

This criticism was especially severe when the government handed out cash to low-income earners as a New Year gift.

The name use was pretty well thought out and the use of tax payer funds for vote buying should be pretty illegal!

Archived