Electronic visa on arrival facility for 20 economies

webfact

53 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

I flew in from KL on monday evening and I saw no more than 40 Chinese nationals milling around the VOA area...the rest of immigration was basically empty no one was queueing, they were just walking up to the desks just like I did.

I have a Chinese friends and they came to Thailand last year and applied directly to the Thai consulate in Guangzhou and got a visa in 3 days. Flew to BKK and walked through like anyone else would. I think it is the "sheeple" that suffer travelling in tour groups that end up handing their passports over to a person with a small teddy on a stick and cause the blockages at the airports. 

I have not travelled through UtaPao for years but the I have seen the many planes flying in and out. Since Jomtien is infested with Russians again and Chinese tour groups I guess there are large numbers passing through there ? any one been there recently to see immigration in

action ?

I flew in (to Chiang Mai) from Beijing - from Vancouver, from Las Vegas - 27 days ago and what I saw was a mob of  ? maybe 50- 60 Chinese people in a mob around the VOA window, milling and talking to the patient Thai lady standing outside, yelling at each other, yelling at their cell phones, passing passports overhead to people on to the Thai lady who passed them to the window to get stamped in handfulls and passed back to people in the mob who passed them to individuals, yelling to each other..... By the time I got close to the window the patient Thai lady just took my passport and handed it back and told me, in English, no visa needed as my Arrival Card was my 30-day permit.

Then I got into the mob of 600-or-so Chinese with about 5 farangs, crowding into lanes ( hard to tell with Chinese as they crowd so many people into a space and they hide tiny Chinese babies in their arms), all yelling and letting people in ahead of them and passing passports over-head and back and forth and babies around, and worked up to the front of the line where there were 4 windows for Chinese and one for farangs and 1 for Thais and they were letting the Chinese into the other two lines.

They were stamping the Chinese on through but they stopped me to ask about the guest house where I have made the reservation to. Surprise. I had the address right but she wanted to know the phone number. How the hell should I know ? A moment of near-panic but I did some breathing and waited and she took my photo and stamped the date and waved me through.

What is my point?

I think the day will come when Thai people have to stand in line in Thailand and wait for their rations of rice from their Chinese masters. 

That is the way it is in Xinkiang or whatever the Chinese call the homeland of the Uighurs, and in Tibet now.

What is going to stop it from happening here?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teddy3943 said:

Andorra,  Cyprus, Malta, Mauritius, Marino..... a huge number of tourists to deal with....

I was trying to figure out the logic of the choice for the countries mentioned. Unfortunately I'm running out of options...

And do not forget the millions of tourists from.... Bhutan.....Maldives....Papua New Guinea... Swampy will be swamped!!! 5555????????????????

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

And what about the European countries ? Nothing mentioned either ????????‍♂️

There are 55 countries that are visa exempt for tourists I think that you will find that most European countries are on that list

• Thanks 1

Saudi Arabia?? Ever since the jewelry theft Saudis were forbidden from traveling to Th unless they received personal approval of the Saudi interior minister. Things have changed? Just wanted to know if these charming broad minded cretins would ever soil this place

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Teddy3943 said:

Andorra,  Cyprus, Malta, Mauritius, Marino..... a huge number of tourists to deal with....

I was trying to figure out the logic of the choice for the countries mentioned. Unfortunately I'm running out of options...

Large numbers only from China and India, all the rest some dribs and drabs. So it's is not a big logistical exercise I would think. But, I could be wrong.

The list is not random, it's simply those countries eligible for Visa on Arrival (which is NOT the free visa exemption). The citizens of those countries have to get a 15-day visa at a cost of 2000 baht (fee currently waived until April 30th).

The eVOA has already been up-and-running since November using https://www.evisathailand.com/

Many reports that this has considerably streamlined the VOA process which can take two hours or more when planeloads of Chinese and Indians land, reducing the wait to around 10 minutes.

So I'm confused about this new announcement.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The move comes due to rising number of tourists every year, with 7 million getting visas on arrival, which has led to congestion and inconvenience.

Bulk of the VOA visitors is with China. If the government take China off this VOA list, then the congestion will simply disappear. Oh yes, the money for nothing ....