Video: Shots fired in Chaeng Wattana as rampaging truck damages eight vehicles

webfact

Video: Shots fired in Chaeng Wattana as rampaging truck damages eight vehicles

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Dramatic dash cam footage from a terrified member of the public caught some of the moments of a midday chase on Chaeng Wattana Road in northern Bangkok yesterday. 

A six wheel truck had failed to stop at a police checkpoint at the Changwattana/ Laksi intersection and raced away down Chaeng Wattana Road. 

Pol Sgt Anon Hemmanee chased the vehicle on his motorcycle managing to catch up with it outside the Administrative Court. Sergeant Anon parked in front of the truck and was speaking to the driver who then took off again dragging his motorcycle under the body of the truck. 

The truck went over the road bridge that crosses Klong Prapa as police set up a road block to stop its progress. 

Several shots were fired at the wheels on the left rear and left front of the truck. 

Three persons in the truck were arrested. The driver was said to be incoherent and police have yet to discover why he didn't stop. He is being tested for drugs. 

A total of eight vehicles including the motorcycle were damaged in the drama. The motorcycle burst into flames under the truck and was completely destroyed. 

The dash cam footage showed the truck scrape the side of another vehicle then reverse into the dash cam vehicle before taking off again after which shots could be heard. 

TV news said the driver was facing four charges including resisting arrest. 

Sergeant Anon said that this was the first incident of this nature for him after five years on the force.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-30

Bloody pathetic police, the 1 who jumped on the parapet had a clear opportunity to shoot the driver, that would have stopped him.

Instead police who arrived later are trying to shoot out a back tyre, what use would that be?

None what so ever, as truck has twin rear wheels.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bloody pathetic police, the 1 who jumped on the parapet had a clear opportunity to shoot the driver, that would have stopped him.

Instead police who arrived later are trying to shoot out a back tyre, what use would that be?

That smacks of multi-tasking - thinking and shooting at the same time.

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I am happy the Thai police is not so trigger happy, just imagine the mistakes that could be made if they were. Sure they have to protect the public but its not as if this driver was ever going to get away with a MC trailing him.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am happy the Thai police is not so trigger happy, just imagine the mistakes that could be made if they were. Sure they have to protect the public but its not as if this driver was ever going to get away with a MC trailing him.

Yes you are partly correct, but how many people could have been maimed, or even killed before he was stopped?

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes you are partly correct, but how many people could have been maimed, or even killed before he was stopped?

Not many if he was just followed discretely and radioed ahead to set up a new road block. There is no escaping anyone when your in a truck and the one following you (discreetly) is a motorcycle. 

I would hate to imagine if the Thai police started to shoot more people if that became more common it would not weigh up against the benefits. Just my opinion of course.

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Point taken but there has to some rules of engagement.

If none then the police could just shoot anybody without any logical reason whatever.

Let's please keep that approach in the make america great again country.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

You've just got to be American. Use a gun first - shoot everything in sight - stuff everyone else!

1 minute ago, Bundooman said:

You've just got to be American. Use a gun first - shoot everything in sight - stuff everyone else!

You gotta be having a laff.:cheesy:

Me American, wash your mouth out.

If you took the time to read my post, i clearly said the cop on the parapet had a clear shot at the driver.

Maybe should have gone to spec- savers.

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Why didn't the police sergeant want to give his first name?

..if he spent less time hiding in the markets eating free food then he might experience more of this insanity on the roads and perhaps use the experience of this incident to deal with these rabbits.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Not many if he was just followed discretely and radioed ahead to set up a new road block. There is no escaping anyone when your in a truck and the one following you (discreetly) is a motorcycle. 

I would hate to imagine if the Thai police started to shoot more people if that became more common it would not weigh up against the benefits. Just my opinion of course.

...one of those little elves could have jumped onto the back of the truck quite easily.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Several shots were fired at the wheels on the left rear and left front of the truck. 

Watching too many cartoons or reading comics?

Shots fired into the windscreen would have a more meaningful effect!

On 1/30/2019 at 10:19 AM, colinneil said:

Bullet could have went through the windows and hit somebody on the other side. I think the cop knew what

he was doing. If you look at the other cops who shoot, they all shoot low at the tires ...

luudee

1 minute ago, luudee said:

Bullet could have went through the windows and hit somebody on the other side. I think the cop knew what

he was doing. If you look at the other cops who shoot, they all shoot low at the tires ...

luudee

Silly comment, check out the video, bloody cops were firing wildly.

The way the clowns were waving/ firing the guns was a damn sight more dangerous than shooting through the window.

Archived