How to prove I got 40k transfered into a Thai bank account while my Thai Wife and I were living abroad for more than a year?

How to prove I got 40k transferred monthly into a Thai bank account while my Thai Wife and I were living abroad for more than a year?

I don't have 400k and I will arrive in Pattaya with a non-mmigrant visa based on marriage.

I didn't send 40k every month for the last year obviously.

Edited by alexlm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why would you want to prove it ? If abroad for more than 1 year, you have no more valid extension. So when you will ask for one you will be in the "first extension" case, with no need of proof on 1 year.

Let's modify the circumstance a tad. Say the op had renewed his extension, then he and wife go is for say nine months.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If it is your first extension application you only need to show one or two 40k baht transfers into the country.

So for first extension, you don't need 400,000 in the bank, seasoned for 2 months.  Can just transfer 40,000 for a couple of months, then get extension?  And then forget about transfers for 9 months, then deposit 400,000?

Edited by Samuel Smith
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

So for first extension, you don't need 400,000 in the bank, seasoned for 2 months.  Can just transfer 40,000 for a couple of months, then get extension?  And then forget about transfers for 9 months, then deposit 400,000?

I was not suggesting that. I was only replying to a question about using the income option to apply for the first extension of stay.

I assume somebody could do what you wrote but thy might have a problem when they apply for the 2nd extension and immigration noticed that had you applied using the income option but did not continue to do the deposits.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, alexlm said:

How to prove I got 40k transferred monthly into a Thai bank account while my Thai Wife and I were living abroad for more than a year?

I don't have 400k and I will arrive in Pattaya with a non-mmigrant visa based on marriage.

I didn't send 40k every month for the last year obviously.

Why that is a problem? You can always get a Non-O from any place on earth and come to Thailand for at least three months, and then extended to another two months. So, you're good for five months. Can't you show five months of transfer. Assuming you're returning in 2020 when the immigration does not allow leniency. You can still get a ME visa good for one year to establish your one year worth of transfers. The new rule is a bonanza for married people. But people on retirement visa has hurdles to cross. For them, may an O-A visa is better option. Two years of hassle free stay in Thailand, requires only one out/in and no visit to immigration, your choice of bringing as little or as much as you want into Thailand. 

Edited by onera1961