Queen Elizabeth to be evacuated in case of Brexit unrest - media

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Britain's government is struggling to get parliamentary support for a Brexit tratransition agreement with the EU before the departure date of March 29, and the government and businesses are preparing contingency plans for a 'no-deal' Brexit.

Should of already been done over 2 years ago.

• Like 2

The Queen needs to go somewhere safe, Thailand would be perfect. Not Bangkok with its pollution or Pattaya with its dodgy reputation, but Issan with its fresh air and very pleasant temperatures at this time of year. My wife makes a cracking somtam.
Been plenty posts of burning and poor air around isaan and her motorcade ain't gonna help

4 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yep.

77, England.

One of the best bands live i've ever seen.

Loud? Just a bit!

I think i was the only Longhair in there....

Damn, I knew you had good taste, but didn't know it went this far.  Respect!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, madmen said:
1 hour ago, bannork said:
The Queen needs to go somewhere safe, Thailand would be perfect. Not Bangkok with its pollution or Pattaya with its dodgy reputation, but Issan with its fresh air and very pleasant temperatures at this time of year. My wife makes a cracking somtam.

Been plenty posts of burning and poor air around isaan and her motorcade ain't gonna help

Fine air in our area but the motorcade would need training in how to spot potholes from 50 metres when the road is in the shade.

A more appropriate headline might be:

"Retired copper talks <deleted> in order to get his name in the papers. Assorted civil servants and newspaper editors react by flapping like budgies on a high sugar diet"

Should there be any threat there is a reasonably competent (well they are Guardsmen) infantry battalion a couple of hundred metres away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Seeing as she has a nice castle in Windsor, a nice estate in Sandringham and Scotland it's hardly mega news if she pops off to one of them if the plebs are revolting.

Sure she still has the keys for a few places in Germany & Greece? ????

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The Mail on Sunday also said it had learnt of plans to move the royal family, including Queen Elizabeth, to safe locations away from London..."

I say this with nothing but 100% respect for her Majesty;

If someone tries to mess with Elizabeth, I think that Elizabeth will mess with them.

Really, really mess with them...

20 minutes ago, JAG said:

A more appropriate headline might be:

"Retired copper talks <deleted> in order to get his name in the papers. Assorted civil servants and newspaper editors react by flapping like budgies on a high sugar diet"

Should there be any threat there is a reasonably competent (well they are Guardsmen) infantry battalion a couple of hundred metres away.

I think they've shot themselves in the foot with this story, as I doubt ANYONE believes that the Queen will move elsewhere if there are riots in London ????!

Therefore, it only makes the continuing scare-mongering more obvious :smile:.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

To be honest, I haven't read any of these risible stories, as it is so obviously ridiculous scare-mongering - but your post seems more than likely.....

Yep, all too reminiscent of the Y2K bug scare-mongering 20 years ago, I think. We can all recall what happened didn't happen at the stroke of midnight on 31st December 1999, can't we?

36 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Bearing in mind the Royal Family stayed at Buckingham Palace during the Blitz I doubt a bunch of remoaning  lentil eating sandal wearers are of much concern.

Why would the "remoaning  lentil eating sandal wearers" be upset when Brexit is cancelled?  And who would wear a lentil eating sandal anyway?

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ditch Brexit.

HRH the Queen mum braved the worst the Luftwaffe could throw at London.

I’m quite sure HM will not be driven out of the capital by a bunch of raging pensioners and red faced cheep beer drinkers.

I don't think it's the brexiteers that they are worrying about, more the undemocratic dummy spitting losers.????????????

dwpybvkwsaa-_lg_0.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Bearing in mind the Royal Family stayed at Buckingham Palace during the Blitz I doubt a bunch of remoaning  lentil eating sandal wearers are of much concern.

They stayed at Windsor Palace at night during the Blitz; but came into bombed-out East End during the day for photo ops.

22 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

They stayed at Windsor Palace at night during the Blitz; but came into bombed-out East End during the day for photo ops.

To be fair, They moved out of Buckingham Palace , central London, after it got bombed by the Germans in 1940

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ditch Brexit.

HRH the Queen mum braved the worst the Luftwaffe could throw at London.

I’m quite sure HM will not be driven out of the capital by a bunch of raging pensioners and red faced cheep beer drinkers.

Whether one is 'Leave' or 'Remain', I think we can agree that the OP is just tabloidesque rubbish.

• Thanks 1