3 SETV and a red stamp ?

10 hours ago, Rob4 said:

we used to live in TH because we have no where to go and we love it a lot ( Vietnam is impossible for me to live, she can't go Europe).

Nowhere to go? That's only for poor people and refugees.

What's so bad about living in Vietnam?

If you're as fabulously rich as you claim, why are flights from Seam Reap too expensive for you?

If Phnom Penh won't give you a visa, then try your luck in Penang or Vientiane. Or continue enjoying life in Vietnam - a nice place to live.

• Like 2

rich people can live in a great hotel, like we do, but they have to leave the hotel, to eat, to buy, to live.

They have to handle the noise, the dirt, the not safe drivers, the carelessness, etc.

Yes for westerns that cant make it in the west its heaven, they convince theirself that Asia is not that bad.

IT IS. and Vietnam is the worst of all.

We are just in love with some specific area in Koh Phangan.

Sorry i hurt too many people's ego,  its just.. a fact? Asia worth less, smart less, and its not going anywhere because of short term thinking.

thanks for everything. some people here where very helpful. so thanks.

Edited by Rob4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

not sure why everyone here think i am upset, everyone of my answers comes with "thank you",  somehow around the Thailand subject people are really aggressive.  

Anyway thanks again , will skip PP, i will not beg people to let me live life.

1. vietnam is an awful place to live, even if i get paid a salary of 10k a month. never.

2. Elit visa for 2 is 20k, yes i have that but i simply don't want to pay that. it is unmoral visa - another short thinking of asian country, something almost no other country does. Many people have 1000k but don't want to buy iPhone xs.

No offense, just dont like the way Asians work, its stupidity at its best. yea love their country, but they are stupid, this is why they are 3rd country while having more resources than many western countries.

Because they keep thinking short term.

They should welcome freelancers, digital nomads, expats, and even people who work, because obviously westerns knows how to work better, its almost academic fact,  brings in more money and jobs, but they prefer another chicken stand by a Thai instead of a freelancer that makes 10k and put 5k in the country, and may even invest.

Will definetly run away from Asia asap.

Who's paying you 10K in Vietnam to live with your girlfriend in Thailand? Or you are planning to quit that job, I take it?

Must be hard indeed living in Vietnam. I will check it out myself. Unfortunately I haven't made it there yet but I've heard some positive reviews.

Best of luck.

Edited by lkv

yea...indeed Asia in any academic, scientific measure is pretty stupid.

No tech, no investment in good education, in better streets, corruption, no rules, bribe.

This is why you all here, because there are no rules.

Yea they will indeed miss me, even their startup visa is a complete nonsense, they are so much behind and instead of welcoming techies, they make their rules so ridicules. How is that Berlin, a real modern place, makes my life easier as a founder, than Thai that REALLY need me ?

But yea.. they dont need us, so lets see where they go.. (stay the same for the last 20 years where the rest of the world use driveless electric cars and artificial intellegent.

Hard to admit but you all here because corruption, no rules, bribe, and short term thinking.

Hard to admit because you need them more than me . . .

Edited by Rob4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

No tech, no investment in good education, in better streets, corruption, no rules, bribe.

Aha. And you said you fell in love with Koh Phangan, did ya?

No bribes there? Any rules followed to the book? No mafia police and all that?

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Hard to admit but you all here because corruption, no rules, bribe, and short term thinking.

Um ... no.  Most of us came here because the cost/benefit analysis of living here is better than other options and/or we fell in love with a local.

Agree the elite visa might as well say "bend over, fool" on it - but the rest of what you are saying makes no sense.  If no rules, you would not be having any problems.  The problem are Stupid immigration rules that prevent you from spending your money here.  But that is not the case in Vietnam, Cambodia, or The Philippines - so you have options in countries that are happy for you to spend money there.

If you want to stay in Thailand hassle-free without the elite rip-off, get ED Visas for you and your GF - could stay here years - changing languages every couple years.

But if a beautiful beach is what you are after, there are plenty of those in VN - plenty of alternatives to the polluted cities.

39 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

But yea.. they dont need us, so lets see where they go.. (stay the same for the last 20 years where the rest of the world use driveless electric cars and artificial intellegent.

???? just this evening the friday speech was talking about the electric cars and must come in Thai. But still researching for the right balance for batteries and a lot of blah blah..

Oh wait.. it was the usal friday evening bedtime stories ...

It is true, very slow and behind with really introducing, I did seen this same car as shown on tv, at Impact expo in Mueang thong, three years ago!

And who remember that story about the electric busses, imported, but not allowed on the road due a import licensing issue.. And continuing using the smog generating smoking wood floored busses, while those clean neutral and safe busses rotting away at an impound parking location.

Thailand have to -REALLY- move forward and not just talking.   And that should not be a dream but reality.

Ok.

Rob.

My sugession is , if you want to make a trip to Bangkok. Fly to Don Muang (DMK) without tourist visa, then you will get a 30 or 15 day stamps (for her..) for enjoying travel.

This you can extend at the immigration office for once.  The fee is almost the same as getting a TV.

BUT'..

Buy also a ongoing ticket to Kuala Lumpur, for the next day of your arrival in DMK.

If the immigration officer ask you , you can show the ticket for the next day.

Up to you, when you are trough, throw it away and get a new ticket for one month later. Because Kuala Lumpur is a nice city to go, unfortunately no electronic malls here (same Zeer Rangsit, Ban Mor, in bkk) but for you and girlfriend it is nice to have a holiday. Make some day trips to the cave or museums, make selfies at the Petronas, enjoy nature walk and airconditioned free cityring busses.

The ticket from DMK to KUL is very cheap, around 1500thb.

Wait .. an official announcement on tv right now.

Rgds,

24 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

But that is not the case in Vietnam, Cambodia, or The Philippines - so you have options in countries that are happy for you to spend money there.

Until they get invaded by farangs like Thailand did or they get some dodgier military government. Actually they are cracking down in Cambodia also, slowly. It's just that they are behind Thailand at the moment in every respect.

I got so fed up with inconsistency, that I look at it as a developing country risk.

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, Rob4 said:

Will definetly run away from Asia asap.

Don't get hit by the door while running.

You can buy here a Portugal golden visa starting at only 350 000 EUR as a real estate investment and live your life then in europe, very easy and much better than thai elite.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

29 minutes ago, donim said:

My sugession is , if you want to make a trip to Bangkok. Fly to Don Muang (DMK) without tourist visa, then you will get a 30 or 15 day stamps (for her..) for enjoying travel.

Just checked, and Vietnam hold bilateral agreements with Thailand on the exemption of visa requirements.

So both you and your girlfriend get a 30 day stamp by air (15 days when crossing on land).

One month good for holiday.

Rgds,

29 minutes ago, donim said:

Wait .. an official announcement on tv right now.

Was a speech from the King, one sis called back from being candidate and the other going to the hospital, hope she will be ok.

Rgds,

Thanks all, i meant you are here in the forum (not thailand) BECAUSE there are no rules. Otherwise we all follow rules and no discussions about the "cat of the officer that die, hence void visas" needed.

Strange that you all can go anywhere in Europe without any problem, and not to Thailand , when Europe don't need you or your money, and Thailand REALLY need. 

I dont need a vacation, we are not going there to rest, we do our things on computer ( no worries, only put money into the country, not taking a dollar), just need a good place to stay and this you have only in Thailand. We tried to avoid 30+30 because its a hassle, it takes time to find a rent and move inside and boom you left one month to leave.

Vietnam and Cambodia and Philipnes (where we came from just now) are 10 years behind Thailand, and Thai people.

Edited by Rob4

13 hours ago, Rob4 said:

13 hours ago, Rob4 said:

11 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks all, i meant you are here in the forum (not thailand) BECAUSE there are no rules.

We are here on the forum because of corruption, no rules and bribes.

Either you're Thai, or you spent too much time here and you have culturally adapted.

5 hours ago, Rob4 said:

my gf makes tones of money online, so..

Is that your Vietnamese gf that enjoys Koh Phangan despite the corruption?

Tell her to hold more than 40K baht in her non Thai account, wherever that account may be. Then go to Phnom Pehn apply for the SETV.

Alternatively, since both of you guys are extremely well off, the recommendation of a previous poster, Portugal, may sound appealing to you also.

Edited by lkv

15 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Thank you.

Don't want to brag but I have a lot of money in my bank to show.. I mean A LOT. 

But I have her. We are 1.5 years together, already enter thailand once with visa exempt, twice on SETV. No problems.

She, as well as me have:

1. letter from Thai and his ID copy and rent agreement

2. for her 40k THB in her bank, me much (much) more.

3. can get flight tickets back ofcourse.

Not sure all of these will help, because we spent 6 months there (3 in TH, 1 in HCMC, 3 TH, 2 Philipines+cambodia)

But my intuition on PP is bad now. Currently in Siem Reap. Will go PP soon. (flights from here to anywhere are too expensive)

Would you try PP anyway? or go exempt ? if so what border coming from Cambodia (not poipet)

If you have a LOT of money like you say, then why not apply for Thai Elite visas for you and your girlfriend? That way, you could both stay in Thailand for 20 years with no questions asked. 

Think of it as an optional residence tax, in return for a peaceful life, and you'll get over the moral principles. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

If you have a LOT of money like you say, then why not apply for Thai Elite visas for you and your girlfriend? That way, you could both stay in Thailand for 20 years with no questions asked. 

Think of it as an optional residence tax, in return for a peaceful life, and you'll get over the moral principles. 

EXACTLY what I was thinking. If you've got more than 10 million baht it's probably worth it in your case.

Your purpose of travel is not genuinely tourism, so if you keep trying to get TV's then the shit's gonna hit the fan sometime soon.

Edited by pr9spk

Ok thanks a lot, will consider our steps provided the info here.

No Elite visa needed, because if I am "elite" I obviously will not spend 5 years in Thailand, maybe 5 months due to our circumstances. This is not the place for successful people to actually live. 

If they want the "elite" to come, they should let them in BEFORE they become elite, not after, that's not a modern approach towards founders. You buy a stock before it goes up. I cant even own more than 49% of a business there.

We are not "working", having a business that makes money automatically, paying taxes in our countries, just makes us "owners that travel a lot" (and spend a lot). Obviously will not pay tax for an Asian country that makes my life so hard for no reason even that i follow ALL its formal rules.