East Pattaya public housing project drowning in trash

Rimmer

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Don't talk rubbish...................oh, sorry you were.

So burying stuff for a million years is OK?

No, I dont think it's good. It's what's done. I can't think of better options than what the Aussie government does in the current era of people's mindset. No one cares too much. Just enough to bury it. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, Ulic said:

Just have the garbage picked up more often. More bins and twice a day if you have to. If garbage is ending up in bins and not on the ground it is a huge WIN.

That was exactly how the garbage service was in Klong Yai a few years ago when I lived there. It worked like a charm and the city was very clean. No tourists to speak of and two falongs living there  but the town was really clean. The garbage pick-up was included in my rent so I don't know the cost

Where I live now, the re-cyclers show up before the garbage trucks come, and collect the re-cyclables. They come with a truck and use their trash can to transfer the garbage, they leave no mess and as far as I can tell from their position in the village, they do quite well for their families. Some of the low lives here laugh at them … while they laugh all the way to the bank. 

23 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Will archaeologists in a million years go out searching for Big Mac cartons in perfect condition and put them on show at the British????   museum.   lol 

Thinking about all the hormones, chemicals etc. that go into a Big Mac you can put money on there still being a burger inside too !!!!!

On 2/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, Just1Voice said:

Thai people are, without a doubt, some of the laziest and dirtiest people in the world when it comes to trash.  It took me years to break my wife of the habit of just tossing wrappers, paper and whatnot anywhere and everywhere she felt like it. 

Not all Thai people. Depends on how educated or uneducated the person is.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, Just1Voice said:

Thai people are, without a doubt, some of the laziest and dirtiest people in the world when it comes to trash.  It took me years to break my wife of the habit of just tossing wrappers, paper and whatnot anywhere and everywhere she felt like it. 

Still fighting that fight after 15 years, winning very slowly.