Why Is The News Reader On Pattaya People Channel So Bad ?

pop3

I have been listning to the news on pattaya people channel and the news reader is talking one word at a time with no feeling in his voice and seems to be reading from a paper with no full stops ? he's taking breath in mid sentance, I would guess his accent is a geordy or something like that ? no affence ment to goerdys or indeed to the news reader ( probably a nice guy ) but come on mate, news reading is not for you.

I have been listning to the news on pattaya people channel and the news reader is talking one word at a time with no feeling in his voice and seems to be reading from a paper with no full stops ? he's taking breath in mid sentance, I would guess his accent is a geordy or something like that ? no affence ment to goerdys or indeed to the news reader ( probably a nice guy ) but come on mate, news reading is not for you.

The one now almost seems like a native English speaker, the woman who came before him was a total joke.

I thought the women was not too bad.

However this guy stopped learning English at around the age of 6! He can't read a punctuated sentance and makes a pigs ear of the meaning and flow. It's laughable to hear him stop and start in completely the wrong places.

It's not his fault. He is just not suitable for this job and whoever hired him for the position should be the first to be sacked for incompetance above and beyond the call of common sense!

It''s so painfull to listen to, I often have to turn over

It reminds me of Neil Colov's English (not too bad at all) but often monotone and with the occasional deeper sound to emphasis the ending of some sentances when finishing statements. He gets a bit gruff. LOL

Edited by twix38

When I first heard him, I thought, wow, this guy really needs to be replaced.

However, I am used to him now and actually jump up and hide behind the sofa when he attempts to pronounce difficult Thai names. (Cringe factor 10).

I say he should stay. He helps cheer me up when I have a hangover and actually gives me a humour boost and the odd belly laugh.

He must be Geordie: He reminds me of the story of an elderley Geordie going to Buckingham Palace for one of the Queen of England's garden parties.

The Queen said to the Geordie: 'Do you prefer the chocolate cake or meringue'

He replied:

'You were right I like the chocolate cake'

Before seeing this forum post, I sent an email to Pattaya People explaining that their current newsreader is putting me off watching their channel..

The current newsreader seems to read out the news extremely slowly, with huge pauses in the middle of sentences, cannot pronounce Thai Names and often makes mistakes. Also the accent doesnt sound very professional for a news program. Its not the guys fault, it is whoever employed him's fault.

I thought the Thai lady before this guy was quite good, speaking very clearly.

Definately need to change the newsreader Pattaya People!

When I first heard him, I thought, wow, this guy really needs to be replaced.

He must be Geordie: He reminds me of the story of an elderley Geordie going to Buckingham Palace for one of the Queen of England's garden parties.

The Queen said to the Geordie: 'Do you prefer the chocolate cake or a meringue'

He replied:

'You were right I like the chocolate cake'

Class crack. Meringe :o tickled me that did.

You guys dont realise how lucky you are .

On Banglamung Cable for years we had an english language news program that sounded more like Swahili than english.

Now we have native english speakers narating a half hour show consisting of 5 minutes of news and 25 minutes and adverts.

Between this and the infotainment show, which is realy on a guise for real estate advertising all that they have done is buggered up the movie channel.

What annoys me is when you watch the Banglamung thai language news you get a full half hour of news. On the english language news they only show about 20% of the reports.

They are just banging out a very abridged version to make a few bucks.

Edited by COBBER

I used to like Dr Ian's ''around the town'' on Pattaymail tv. He was always pi$$ed.

I've often wondered if he is ever sober enough or has the time to actualy practice medicine.

Edited by COBBER

It is quite funny because i was going to start a thread on this exact same topic.

I truly believe that there are 7 year olds who could do a better job than this clown on the news.

I can't bare to listen to this guy it is just way too painful.

Pattaya People get rid of this retard and put someone on who can at least read basic English.

It is quite funny because i was going to start a thread on this exact same topic.

I truly believe that there are 7 year olds who could do a better job than this clown on the news.

I can't bare to listen to this guy it is just way too painful.

Pattaya People get rid of this retard and put someone on who can at least read basic English.

Ive stopped watching the new's till I read here that he's been replaced, 7 year olds ? theres 4 year olds reading better than that.

As was said its the person who put him in that position that is to blame. the station has become a joke, someones going to get shot down there !

Edited by undercover

Spot on! It is actually painful to listen to him butcher the English language. And what he does to the Thai language... :o

Well, lets hope for his sake that nobody from Immigration is listening, or he will be PNG and it won't be for not having a work permit. :D

Maybe it is time for a new career. After all, many of the American broadcasting companies recruit from Canada as we have what they perceive as a very clear and neutral accent.`Excepting those from Newfoundland!

Note to self: Call Neils.

Good news all! I just got this reply from Pattaya People... :o
Thank you for your comments - much appreciated.

The Thai girl voice-over will be back next week.

Kind regards

Pattaya People Media Group

Even though he is truly awful, without a doubt, and by a country mile, the worse newsreader I have ever heard, you are a killjoy. He had me in hysterics every time I watched the news. The fact that he continually got Niels Colov's surname completely wrong was particularly amusing. His attempted pronunciation of Thai names was absolutely hilarious. I can only assume the whole thing was a joke, as I am sure it would be extremely hard to find someone worse at the job.

Kind regards

I hope that the Geordie doesn't become clinically depressed following his dismissal from a job that he truly loved and was proud to tell his folks of back home and fellow mates in the local bar.

Wouldn't it be tragic if he were to jump off his balcony or something.

'Meg_ken2003' better to get back in touch with Pattaya People and ask them to handle the situation with care and perhaps place him in another suitable position, like telephone operator or advertising cold-call marketing.

He is truly abismal, but I feel sad for the poor guy now.

Shall we start a "bring back the Geordie for a weekly guest spot" Just one night a week or one week a quarter. In very small doses it would be amusing and remind of how painfull and lucky we are to have somebody (anybody) else.

I wish Pattaya People had been asked who gave this guy the job and had even dared to reply to this. If it was Neils Colov, he should sack himself. LOL

GEODIE IS JUST TALKING ABOUT THE POLICE HAVING A TEACHING COURSE TO TEACH THEM ENGLISH AND TO IMPROVE BASIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE. The first pupil should be this very newsreader!!

Edited by twix38

Kind regards

Well, Thank you Pattaya people.

As I said before I havent been watching the news in my home anymore as it was just too painful but I was at my friends home last night and the Geordie came on reading his coverage of the murder of the two girls on the beach, we couldent believe what we were hearing, that coverage was by far the worst I have ever heard from him, I felt myself trying to help him along in my mind, I can't add anymore Im speechless.

Edited by undercover

I used to like Dr Ian's ''around the town'' on Pattaymail tv. He was always pi$$ed.

I've often wondered if he is ever sober enough or has the time to actualy practice medicine.

Cobber...I Don't think the Good Dr practices any more..We were sitting around one night

trying to put our finger on what it was about Ian we all disliked so much, then it hit me...

Kindergarten, "Hello Little Kiddies This Is Dr Ian" !!! He talks down at you as if you are a toddler..

as for the Pattaya People Circus and Ring Master Colovs, Joke doesn't actually cover it I don't think...

Cobber...I Don't think the Good Dr practices any more..We were sitting around one night

trying to put our finger on what it was about Ian we all disliked so much, then it hit me...

Kindergarten, "Hello Little Kiddies This Is Dr Ian" !!! He talks down at you as if you are a toddler..

as for the Pattaya People Circus and Ring Master Colovs, Joke doesn't actually cover it I don't think...

LBD, He is a consultant at The Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

On last night's Pattaya People cable news the reader was fantastic. Maybe Niels does read this forum!

I've just spent a couple of days in Pattaya and am very dissapointed that I missed seeing the Geordie newreader. I saw 40 other channels of sh*t on the TV and was looking forward to seeing this acclaimed Geordie performance. Maybe he will be brought back by popular demand?