What is this plant?

jack2964

4 hours ago, jack2964 said:

Thanks Carib. Your link fits perfectly. Never seen it before not even at the markets.

Now you know what it looks like you will notice it more, I am sure. Very often it is sold by the roadside in plastic bags hanging on sticks to show the merchandise. I am not a fan, but `she who has to be obeyed` will make an emergency stop for it. 

In Thai known as Macam-Tet the tree is known as Madras Thorn or Huamuchil, not a fruit you will see at your local market, most people living in a rule area, will just walk down the end of they Soi and find a tree ,we have a big tree on the farm ,the wife is always eating them ,have had them in a curry ,with coconut milk ,not recomendred, our cattle are rather partial to them ,and the local bird population know where the tree is

Saying that wifes Dautgher and son in law are collecting them ,and  selling them 20 baht a bag, outside our local hospital,  I was up at the Thai Nationl Dairy Show last week, vendors selling them for 70 baht/kg, the "townness " where buying them, made me smile  

Archived