Grounding Electric Appliance

Thaiquila

The only plugs I have seen here that fit what you describe are the adapters on a three pin plug to allow them to fine into a two pin outlet. Normally orange in color. You remove that adapter to use the normal three pin plug.

On second (really third read) I suspect you are talking about major type appliance where there is a chaises type green wire for ground. For that I cut off plug and install new three pin and tie the green wire to the normal electric cord and attach to the ground pin of plug. But if you are not positive about your home electric I would have someone do for you and make sure that they check the wall ground is real. Watch them while they do it - electric from hot to neutral and ground should read the same 230v if the ground is good.

If the plug is a Schuko type you can get a grounding adapter :o

Have a look here http://homepages.enterprise.net/crossy/wiring/plugs.html otherwise, as the Good Doctor says, the plug is easily replaced :D

Have you ever seen a Schuko adapter to fit in a UK type socket?

I could do with one here in Malaysia.

Long time ago (9 or so years) I saw some very bulky Schuko to UK adapters at the "Super Komtar" and "Gama" in Penang. Never bought one though.

It was a rectangular box into which you plug in the Schuko in the lower part and the upper part had a plug that fits into the UK sockets.

opalhort

• 2 weeks later...