90 days and 7 days leniency after its due

At the airport they are not interested in 90 days reports, but doing the next 90 day report and if they notice you `could be` fined. It is a bit of a hit and miss thing. I have heard of one person that was fined for this in about 5 years, others were not because it was not even noticed or an issue. 

13 minutes ago, isam4530 said:

Yes, nothing at the airport. Just concerned about the next 90 day report. Travelling on the 95th day, not sure if that would be late or well within 90 + 7 days leniency.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe others will share their experiences about leaving during the grace time. It has been discussed here already, maybe do a search if nobody else reacts.

Maybe others will share their experiences about leaving during the grace time. It has been discussed here already, maybe do a search if nobody else reacts.

Yes, my bad, should have searched before posting. Seems like its been discussed quite a lot on the forum.

Turns out, will have to report 90 days. 7 day grace period wouldn’t apply under these circumstances.

10 hours ago, isam4530 said:

Yes, nothing at the airport. Just concerned about the next 90 day report. Travelling on the 95th day, not sure if that would be late or well within 90 + 7 days leniency.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you do not get any problems at the airport - You will NOT get any problems later as long as you try to comply in future. I have never heard of anyone getting into trouble after re entering the country for 90 day reports.

I was told when I first moved here that if immigration don't ask about the report, don't bother with it! So I never bothered with it for almost 5 years! - They renewed my yearly extension every year during this time and never once asked about the report. It was only in my 6th year that an observant police captain (what a wonderful gal) noticed I didn't have one. I pleaded ignorance and was simply told to visit the police office and get one sorted. They wanted to fine me 2000 Baht, but my wife got them down to 1500. It isn't a huge deal at the worst of times.

11 hours ago, isam4530 said:

you dont get 7 days grace i went back to uk after being in thailand for xmas and new year fined 1000 baht for being 1 day late in going back 

Yes, my bad, should have searched before posting. Seems like its been discussed quite a lot on the forum.

Turns out, will have to report 90 days. 7 day grace period wouldn’t apply under these circumstances.

12 hours ago, isam4530 said:

Yes it comes up a few times every month it seems. And it always generates the same mixed, inconclusive responses.

Definitely not an issue with airport immigrations.

whether or not it is a problem when doing subsequent 90 reports seems to depend on the interpretation of the immigration officer you encounter and his/her level of interest in such things.

Probaby better to do the report if you dislike potential hassle. 

29 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I was caught for 2 days overstay 17 months later when they went back & checked before giving me a visa extension. No bad feelings just took the money (2,000), wrote a receipt & continued processing my extension

I think you mean you failed to do a 90-day report - not "overstayed".  Overstay would have been caught when you stamped-out of the country, and for 2-days at 500-Baht/day = 1000 Baht fine.   Failure to do a 90-day report on-time is usually 2000 Baht.