Russian Man Dies After Falling At Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Russian Man Dies After Falling At Suvarnabhumi

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

2088470301_fa3ba47043_b-696x466.jpg

Suvarnabhumi Airport in a file photo. Photo: Jithesh / Flickr

BANGKOK — A Russian tourist died Monday morning after falling from the fourth floor of the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, police said.

The 44-year-old tourist who arrived on a flight from Vietnam fell from the Departures level on the fourth floor to the second floor at about 1am and died in hospital at about 4am, a police spokesman said. Investigators believe he committed suicide.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/02/11/russian-man-dies-after-falling-at-suvarnabhumi/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-02-11

Suicide at Suvarnabhumi, please not again!

I remember this horrible video some years ago when a young guy did some "exercise" in full public view before he let go. After that the security walls on the pedestrian bridges were installed.

Arriving from Vietnam and immediately jumping after arrival?

Desperate.

RIP... but quite confusing info, first they say he FALL from 4th floor but they THINK it was

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

Investigators believe he committed suicide. 

or the investigators BELIEVE he committed suicide, so what was it the feet or the shoes, maybe competition with the Chinese

53 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

What a load of NONSENSE. FLYING IN FROM VIET-NAM JUST TO COMMIT SUICIDE?

I thought he was flying out being in the departure hall and his fall due to him being drunk but Suicide on Arrival????????????????????????.So now LOS= Land Of SuicideS

He could have get some really bad news on his phone when switching it on... :unsure:

Tourist dies in fall from fourth floor of terminal

By The Nation

bce6b62fe4f81f73cb561d6751709f5e.jpeg

A Russian tourist was fatally injured after he climbed over a glass wall on the fourth floor of the passenger terminal at Suvarnabhumi Airport and jumped, according to police.

Royal Thai Police deputy spokesman Pol Col Kritsana Patanacharoen said Mikhail Sinitsyn, 44, landed on the second floor after his fall at 1am on Monday.

He was taken to Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 4am.

Kritsana said Sinitsyn arrived from Vietnam and after passing through the immigration counter, walked to the fourth floor, climbed on to a public telephone next to the glass wall and jumped over it.

The glass wall has been installed there following several cases of foreign tourists committing suicide at the spot.

Kritsana said police did not know the reason for the apparent suicide but would conduct a further investigation. He said the Russian embassy has been informed of the incident.

WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363922

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-11

I am mostly avoiding news like this but I am still trying to understand what purpose do these news have?  Make us sad? Knowing that an unknown person died in this world? That we can die? That there are many depressed people?

1. Someone died/suicided

2. Ok... and?

Some comments are puzzling when you have the report which some posters don't seem to care for.

It was clearly written that he climbed over the (glass) wall.

No drunken fall or whatever rubbish was written.

But now the picture might enlighten some.

15 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

I am mostly avoiding news like this but I am still trying to understand what purpose do these news have?  Make us sad? Knowing that an unknown person died in this world? That we can die? That there are many depressed people?

1. Someone died/suicided

2. Ok... and?

Indeed western media usually does not report such stuff.

But it's a different world here.

Whatever could make a Baht is reported.

They have dedicated journals that only show victims of crime/traffic accidents/suicide unpixellated etc.

Long ago I reported such stuff to Facebook.

Got a routine "not violating" response.

That was before I learned what this FB crap is about.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Though the  jury is still out on this fellow, Thailand for some reason seems to attract some of most mentally ill tourists/expats in the world. I'm very surprised that immigration policies are not a lot more stricter but I'm sure in time they will be.

for some reason? they are just about all men . Alcohol and women would be the leading cause 

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed western media usually does not report such stuff. //

Probably too many to report them all.   :sad:

Nearly 30 per day in my country (France),

3 times more that people killed in road accidents...

58 minutes ago, legend49 said:

The timing on the video showed his actions took over a minute yet no one came to the rescue?

not many people in the immediate vicinity, I guess most travelers didn't want to leave their luggage without supervision.

inthe first half of the minute it's also not immediately clear what the guy wanted to do.

and finally, doing nothing is the safest course of action...

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

The timing on the video showed his actions took over a minute yet no one came to the rescue?

One minute into the video it appears that a policeman or soldier come in from the left side and when seen by the climber, immediately jumped.

P2.jpg.7c102f9c5f757ca834e9d3d3edd8cb0f.jpg

Archived