Future forward leader says he's ready to oppose a military coup

snoop1130

8 hours ago, baboon said:

...and I have alternative facts. (????) Just back from down there myself, and spoke to quite a few southern 'shitshovellers' in 3rd Class, good people, all. They weren't keen on Prayuth at all...

Ah that is why the elections are interesting, id love to see what Thais are really thinking. I mentioned before I don't like any of them Thanathorn seems to be the best but I don't give him much of a chance. 

The two that have a chance to win (PTP and Prayut and Prayut only because of the senators and that is of course disgusting). I don't like either, but I am still curious about the outcome.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Im amazed at the amount of tourist who ask me "Whats it like living under a Military Junta" it must be lots are aware of the situation 

Can't say that it influences my day to day life at all, i lived here a while and none of the politicians or junta made our life worse. It did get worse but mainly exchange rate and visa situation but that was not related to the government those changes come and never get turned back. Thaksin revived th 90 days, this goverment makes sure the money really has to be in a bank and 4 embassies stopped issuing letters as they don't really check for other embassies it is business as normal.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And my wife replied, no, she would support Prayut. And when I asked why, her response was, she's happy with the "peace and stability" that the current regime has provided.

The peace and stability came with many caveats. Thailand is still under martial law, banned political gatherings, arrest and detention extra-judicial, imposed internet censorship and media control. The interim constitution grant sweeping power and section 44. Prayut will have to relinquish all these powers after the election and he will be the reason for no peace and instability. Have you try reason with your wife?

• Like 1

This guy is doing nothing more than shilling for families business which is very lucrative and the more he is able to get publicity the more the family makes. Imagine if this light weight were to become Prime Minister, A Junior Taksin in the making as he would make sure his family and all their cronies would benefit.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The South is messed. 

Every business leader I speak to wants this mob out and that includes all the Bangkokians.

Ironic considering they were largely responsible for the mess not least of all due to their inaction and tactic support of the Yellows early doors after their failed coup in 2006.

IMHO, civil peace and stability at gunpoint isn't much peace and stability.

But that's me talking, not the Thai wife. I have reason to expect more. She has no reason or basis to expect more here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why the need for another coup? Prayuth had the constitution re-written. It assured there would be 250 pro army senators for a long time into the future. Now, he conspired to have his primary opponent removed, no doubt. This country is in such bad shape politically, due to this arrogant and grossly incompetent fool, that there is no need for a coup. What we are witnessing right now is more or less the result of a coup. The army needs to be removed from power, by whatever means necessary. They are the worst thing that has happened to this nation, since the yellow shirts came to power. We all know how well that went.

The Army (military) will allways have the main power in this country that's the reality/fact , first of all read the constitution, if some one try to change the constitution , than there is a coup again , "the squerrel-weel" 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

IMHO, civil peace and stability at gunpoint isn't much peace and stability.

But that's me talking, not the Thai wife. I have reason to expect more. She has no reason or basis to expect more here.

Yes..but life is a perpetual caveat in Thailand-and as there is no Pavlovian reward for participating in the democratic process one would expect "extinction" to be the end product.

Thus their going with the flow..

Unless you've got a Ukrainian main battle tank in your pocket.