Wanted: 2 Floor 3-4 Bedrm House In Hang Dong / Canal Road Area

chanchao

It seems I have to hold off on buying land and then building something. The thing is we HAVE to invest some baht in any kind of asset (land doesn't count) so I have to buy either a new car or a house.

As buying cars is nice but eventually is just throwing money down a drain, and because we already have perfectly fine cars, we thought a house is better. Will be some office space downstairs, then we live upstairs for the time being.

So looking for a typical moo-ban job I suppose, Hand Dong-ish area (anything South of town will do), but don't want to have airplanes overhead and don't want a dead ghost mooban.

That's a bout it.. Anyone know of a house nearby that meet those requirements? If it's *VERY* nice I could go up to the higher range around 3 mil, 3.5 even if it's jaw-dropping gorgeous. But actually a typical Koolpunt 5-6-7 job is ok too, which would (should) be closer to the 1.5-2 mil mark.

As an aside, I've been checking the real-estate sites and some of the rental prices especially are highly amusing... Like houses that sell for 2.5 mil baht or so they'd like 20,000 baht / mo. rent.... :o So then you just buy one, put it in the bank and let the renter pay it off. :D Nice! :D

As an aside, I've been checking the real-estate sites and some of the rental prices especially are highly amusing... Like houses that sell for 2.5 mil baht or so they'd like 20,000 baht / mo. rent.... :o So then you just buy one, put it in the bank and let the renter pay it off. :D Nice! :D

Need to beware of the flying pigs too!

My neighbours have a smallish home on about 200sq Wah, 3 bedroom on two storeys, in a jungle of a garden. They are trying to sell it for 25 Million or asking over 100K per month rent.

Another house close by is also on the market for 25 million. They have 5 bed, 7 bath and a garden of just under 3 Rai.

And another pig flies by.

I'm afraid some locals tend to play the "think of a number" game and have no idea how market forces work. Look for high rental and just keep the property on the market until it is taken. No matter that they will receive far more in the long term by accepting less rent, and constant tenancy. (At least two local houses have been on the rental market for well over a year, while others close by are never empty.)

i can't rem how many years ago - i went house hunting .

the owner see me and think i am a japanese , anyway

he told me he is willing to rent the place out for 10k .

and when i ask him how much is he willing to sell the place for . he say let him think . and reply me in a day time .

so the following day i went over and he said . 40 million .

whahahhaha

so in another words , at 10k rental i can rent it for 4,000 months 333.333 years

so - sometime is better to rent first . cos you get to see the problem .

plus .. Hongdong is famous for special low fly aeroplane sound .

flight start at 6-7 am . till late flight 8-9 pm .

but of cos after a while you might get used to it .

> Hongdong is famous for special low fly aeroplane sound . flight start at 6-7 am . till late flight 8-9 pm .

> but of cos after a while you might get used to it .

Most of the area you really don't hear it. Just a couple moo bans directly under where planes land suffer badly. (Ban Kwan Wiang etc). It's a good thing that planes are mostly so low and that Thailand is a noisy place generally. :o

The house next to mine (2 floor, 3 bedroom, maid room, can park 2 cars in front, etc) just got sold for a mere 1.5 million... Pricing seems to depend on the perceived desirability of the compound more than anything else. Like some new but modest houses in Home in Park WAY out on teh Canal Road past the Samoeng intersection easily run 3 million... Yet I'm now looking at a house very very close to the city (Superhighway area) that costs about the same AND has considerably more garden around.. Strange business, this.

Needless to say what is hyped as a highly desirable compound today can go downhill faster than.. than.. errr, well, fast. And then suddenly it's just poor people living there keeping old TV's and washing machines in the yard.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

> So you have to invest? Then buy bonds, if you don't need a house that

> is ... why do you HAVE to invest?

We've been too frugal for BOI's liking. :D Also they don't accept rental contracts of less than 3 years as counting as investments..

So bonds wouldn't work, it has to be actually something useful like a building, vehicle, machinery, etc. Another very good reason why bonds wouldn't work is because we don't actually have that kind of money lying around gathering dust; :o With a house it can go into the bank and it just becomes a monthly expense. And then secondly, we figured that what we currently pay as rent we could easily put to better use paying off something that we (well, the company) owns.

So overall it's pretty easy to keep BOI happy, we're not talking huge sums of money. It's only after we started looking at houses that we thought 'might as well buy something nice that will keep/gain value and that would be actually nice to live in for a while.'

> 1.3 mill Hangdong, bargain.. http://www.1rai.com/Thailand-Real-Property...zing_15382.aspx

Indeed pretty amazing, it also mentions there's a wopping 150 square wa space. Wonder if it's true. Because it links to First National Real Estate, who don't have this property on their site. Something like that would work just fine actually. I did contact them via the link on that site. Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

> So you have to invest? Then buy bonds, if you don't need a house that

> is ... why do you HAVE to invest?

We've been too frugal for BOI's liking. :D Also they don't accept rental contracts of less than 3 years as counting as investments..

So bonds wouldn't work, it has to be actually something useful like a building, vehicle, machinery, etc. Another very good reason why bonds wouldn't work is because we don't actually have that kind of money lying around gathering dust; :D With a house it can go into the bank and it just becomes a monthly expense. And then secondly, we figured that what we currently pay as rent we could easily put to better use paying off something that we (well, the company) owns.

So overall it's pretty easy to keep BOI happy, we're not talking huge sums of money. It's only after we started looking at houses that we thought 'might as well buy something nice that will keep/gain value and that would be actually nice to live in for a while.'

> 1.3 mill Hangdong, bargain.. http://www.1rai.com/Thailand-Real-Property...zing_15382.aspx

Indeed pretty amazing, it also mentions there's a wopping 150 square wa space. Wonder if it's true. Because it links to First National Real Estate, who don't have this property on their site. Something like that would work just fine actually. I did contact them via the link on that site. Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Chanchao

If it works out for you with that house, i take my commission in beer :o .. On a serious note, 150 sqw is a pretty decent block, as i am on 105 sqw now and its some work (for the gardeners) to keep it all neat and tidy. Great for the kids to run around though...Chok dee..AT

At a guess that house at that price is in KwanVieng, which to me seems like an absolute dump (apologies to anyone who lives there :o ).

Koolpuntville 6 & 7 seem like pretty good value where new houses start from around 1.6m. The condition of the moobahn is pretty good and its been around a while. Thought about buying a house there myself.

Link but no picture

Yah.. :o That's my opinion of Kwan Wiang also. :D Mostly has to do with airplane noise though. :D

Koolpunt 5-6-7 is 'okay'.. Not stellar, but okay. Security is not very good at all, houses are very close together, little space, but at 1.5-2.5 million: pretty good value.

Edited by chanchao

The MLR has risen some 2+% (to 7.75%) in the past 14 months or so, which will have increased the average Somchai's monthly mortgage repayment by 50%+ - more than enough to make something that was previously affordable now downright impossible for many.

No surprise it's a buyers market right now, and conversely that rental prices are going up.

Edited by BlissfullyIgnorant

be ready to garden the grass and spend time tidying up the house . in fact i am thinking of a downgrade from my 1 rai house which i rented for about 2 years now .-

lucky my father and mother enjoy gardening and i see it as a form of workout for them .

and we got a lawnmachine wich run the lawn half rai for about 5 litre of petrol whahhaa

my mother new found hobby is sweeping up the fallen leaf and set them on fire ..

should not had bring her to the country side . cos she learn it there seeing some thai family doing it .

large land = more insect and animal .

i found , snake , ( alot of snake personally my family are not really worry of snake .. and my father love them and there taste good )

over all i think half rai of land would be cool .

the upside is i get good parking space which house all the cars .

The crime rate in recently chiangmai is on the rise .

more STrange coming to your house . doing the gardening , tidying , cleaning the yard and so on only bring you more risk .

so everything is done by my family -

see what you need and judge what is enough .

BIG might not be better something :o

sorry to say so .

but sometime is the guard that is the one that tips off people who rob you .

so be nice to them . and yet have an eye on them .

good luck

Edited by Ta22