Tar Removal In Chiang Mai

cm das

Picked up my shiny new D-Max on Saturday (ok it's second-hand, but new for me). Yesterday coming over the mountain to Phayao I drove through a patch of fresh tar where they are expanding the road - it had just been sprayed & they'd yet to block that part of the road off. So now my new truck has lots of tar on it. We're not talking about a few splatters - parts of the body, especially near the wheels, are completely coated in tar. I think this is beyond the capabilities of a car-washing service. Can anyone recommend a body shop or some similar place where they now how to handle this kind of job without doing serious damage to the underlying paint? If it was just a bit I'd do it myself but I'm kind of intimidated by how much tar there is. Thanks for any replies.

Go to the local auto gym . and get a Buff job .

or .. save the money and get the buffing kit and polishing cream .

4-5 buff job = cost of buffing kit which is about 3000 baht .

since you got the car , my advice is get the buffing kit .

- try Petrol ( on small area first , don't blame me if the petrol take off your paint , - i use petrol mix with dish washer to clean my rim and tire

DO NOT use petrol and DO NOT get it "buffed" i was a panel beater for 12 years trust me when i say dont do anything yourself.. Take it to Niyom Panich Toyota on Mahidol Rd (i know its an Izuzu) and they have a top notch panel/ paint shop towards the back. Take it in and get a quote first..They guarantee their repairs so if your not happy they will fix it (free)..

Do pardon my advice . if it not usful ..

i had the same problem some while ago and slove it using the petrol and dish washer mix .

but it may not apply to you or anyone else .

anyway the above comment is good also

hope you slove your problem

i agree buff will speard the tar .

some kinda mixture that remove tar may be good . but got to be carful that might remove the paint also .

so you got to be carful .

and read the back print .

the car surface have a layer of clear coat . - there is a kinda car polishing cream that is use to touch up car surface .

anyway . i am a DIY person . but of cos .. if you willing to pay . then is best to go to workshop and slove your problem

good luck

Edited by Ta22

Thanks for the quick replies. I am a DIY guy for small jobs but in this case a shop that has a guarantee is more what I'm looking for. I'll go to Niyom Panich - bought my motorcycle there & had good experiences in general with their service. But if anyone else could recommend shop with similar standards I'd be interested. It's always good to shop around.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am a DIY guy for small jobs but in this case a shop that has a guarantee is more what I'm looking for. I'll go to Niyom Panich - bought my motorcycle there & had good experiences in general with their service. But if anyone else could recommend shop with similar standards I'd be interested. It's always good to shop around.

Mate , i have had cars in Niyom Panich 3-4 times and with top results every time.. And i am a very picky ex-panel beater.. Good luck..

Go to the local auto gym . and get a Buff job .

or .. save the money and get the buffing kit and polishing cream .

4-5 buff job = cost of buffing kit which is about 3000 baht .

since you got the car , my advice is get the buffing kit .

- try Petrol ( on small area first , don't blame me if the petrol take off your paint , - i use petrol mix with dish washer to clean my rim and tire

Does anyone have a solution for removing Ta®22? :o

~

Don't forget to smoke when you use the petrol - always good for a laugh.. :o

Over decades of dealing with tar on both autos and motorcycles, I use WD-40. Pick up a couple or few cans, spray it on and leave it alone. Even with the thick stuff, a few applications will simply dissolve it. WD-40 will not harm paint and is a moisture repellent and rust preventive.

In fact I use WD-40 for virtually everything except brushing my teeth. Can be sprayed right into engine electricals for moisture probs, TV's, computers, electric wall outlets, eliminates corrosion and lubes sliding doors/windows/gates, is a mechanic's dream hand cleaner, is the best engine degreaser, keeps tools looking and working like new, spray right into that groaning fan or aircon motor, prevents scratching of paint/chrome when used with scouring pads to remove rust.. endless uses... A dielectric, non-flammable, non-petroleum, non-toxic, tolerable fragrance...

Do not spray it on your motorcycle seat however unless you are prepared to wear a seat belt... :D

The Honda dealership on the super highway near Big C do excellent body work as well. We had a rear-ender and front door damage fixed there and the only problem was that their paintwork was flawless... so it didn't match with the OEM orange-peeled-to-hel_l paintwork. Maybe I should have requested they use less paint and/or do crappy OEM style paint job? :o

Do not spray it on your motorcycle seat however unless you are prepared to wear a seat belt... :D

No, that's to be sure. For those who do not know. Motorcycle seats are far best treated regularly with spray wax polish followed with a good buff with a soft cloth. :o

i usually leave my motorcycle seat alone .. as i ride it offen and rub it with my ass every day when i ride it whaha

keep it on a nice shine :o

to change the leather ( Fake PVC leather ) for my honda dream is about - 100-150 baht - heard some thai got it done for 80 baht