Boy savaged by dogs recovering in hospital

snoop1130

Boy savaged by dogs recovering in hospital

By The Nation

637097f57ec0dba5fca15a5c36acb17b.jpeg

A five-year-old Finnish boy is recovering at Krabi Nakharin International Hospital after being mauled by a pack of dogs at Ao Nang in Krabi

The boy will remain under surveillance for another 2-3 days in case his wounds from Wednesday night’s attack become infected, acting hospital director Dr Sunthorn Fongfung said yesterday.

Sunthorn gave updates on the boy’s condition to Krabi governor Kittibodee Prawit, Tourist Police Bureau 3 commander Pol Maj General Angkul Klaikleung and Krabi police chief Pol Maj General Sakchai Limcharoen, who together visited the boy and gave him gifts to lift his spirits.

After talking for the boy’s father for 30 minutes, Kitibodee told reporters that the province had asked the hospital to take care of any medical expenses that exceed the family’s insurance cover. 

The authorities have also offered to help the family if they need any help in relation to their accommodation or visa matters.

The boy was covered in bite wounds and in agony as he was rushed to hospital after the attack, The Thaiger reported.

His father, who carried the boy from the beach as he sought help, said he and his two children were on the beach when about five dogs started attacking his son before being chased away by locals. 

One of the beach vendors said that dogs had bitten many tourists on the beach before, mostly young children.

Only last month a seven-year-old boy was seriously injured after being attacked by dogs near Sarasin Bridge in Phang Nga.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364533

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-21

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The state of this photo.

"Listen kid, we know you nearly had your throat ripped out by a pack of rapid dogs, but here is an Iron Man mask and a digger truck. Now if you'd just smile and give us a thumbs up while we take this photo, that would be great"

Poor kid. He looks terrified.

Get well soon. 

Probably worried the Thai bureaucrats could be next in the queue to bite him.

Hello mr Somchai, the boy doesn't want your finger, he's not a dog but a farang kid...he wants a nice rc-drone or new laptop....why didn't you give him one?

The Thai really have to make this good with the family, 25.000 euro plus a lifetime visa for all of them. And a new laptop for the boy.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The state of this photo.

"Listen kid, we know you nearly had your throat ripped out by a pack of rapid dogs, but here is an Iron Man mask and a digger truck. Now if you'd just smile and give us a thumbs up while we take this photo, that would be great"

Get well soon. 

Surprised they didn't got him a toy dog. 

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The state of this photo.

Get well soon. 

A room totally packed with strangers for a photo op would be quite traumatic for a 5 year old especially after what he has just been through.  I don't see the point of so many people

Pathetic photo op.i suppose the thumbs up has made this problem go away.the boy looks petrified and a cheap plastic toy doesn't help one bit in his recovery from his ordeal.the father should of told them to stay out of the room and kept the media circus out.

theres only one real way to treat this problem and that is a cull of all stray dogs.i just don't get it where Thais kill absolutely anything but dangerous dogs that are running around free to attack people.

shame on Thailand once again.

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

Hello mr Somchai, the boy doesn't want your finger, he's not a dog but a farang kid...he wants a nice rc-drone or new laptop....why didn't you give him one?

The Thai really have to make this good with the family, 25.000 euro plus a lifetime visa for all of them. And a new laptop for the boy.

If it was my family I couldn't get out of Thailand soon enough, never to even think of returning.  

Talk about a damage limitation photo op. "We will cover any expenses above your insurance" Wow!!!! How very magnanimous of you. If you all did your jobs, especially after several other attacks, the child would still be playing on the beach. I am sure the family will be relieved he is improving, ..........now lets talk damages............Then, maybe, if one of the hierarchy gets the blame the problems may just, hopefully get addressed......

47 minutes ago, dave moir said:

So according to you every country in the world is =Third World!

I don't know where you come from, but i have just returned from Queensland and after 3 months i did not see one stray wild dog apart from a few Dingoes on Frazer Island, and they are native animals. 

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Couldn't possibly squeeze another person into that room for the photo op.  Oh and the cost of those toys have been added to your bill.

The juvenile mentality dictates that every poo-bah, uniformed servant and hanger-on show up for a photo op. The thumbs-up gesture is ridiculous considering the severity of the attack and inability of the authorities to deal with stray dogs.

In Finland this is front page news and they also write that according to Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet a 3 year old Swedish boy was bitten Wednesday on the same beach. Luckily did not suffer serious injuries as his mother was able to grab him away.

The finnish boy suffered more than 10 bites, in his neck, back and legs. Largest wound on his leg, more than 5cm long. He is still terrified of the ordeal and we can see that in the photo too... I think they should have done something about the dogs instead of rushing his hotel room with a punch of people for a photo...

In both cases the dogs were following the parents and kids to the car. They mentioned in the article that according to Bangkok Post the dogs will be removed and locals have been demanding action for a long time already..

1 hour ago, dave moir said:

So according to you every country in the world is =Third World!

Aggressive, stray dogs that are allowed to roam and attack people with impunity, aided by impotent authorities and ignorant owners = Third World

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After talking for the boy’s father for 30 minutes, Kitibodee told reporters that the province had asked the hospital to take care of any medical expenses that exceed the family’s insurance cover. 

Why should the Hospital have to pay? Hospital should send the bill to local Gov Office as the same dogs are probably still on the loose as I write. Thai aithorities need to confront the rabies issue throughout the country. Start with free Rabies immunisations for all.

Archived