Boy savaged by dogs recovering in hospital

snoop1130

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After talking for the boy’s father for 30 minutes, Kitibodee told reporters that the province had asked the hospital to take care of any medical expenses that exceed the family’s insurance cover. 

Why in the name of satan has the peoples Insurance been mentioned? It's the Thai Mongrel mutts that attacked the poor kid and the Hospital shouldn't have to pay for that either, The municipal must pay for all the costs, it's their fault that there are mongrel strays attacking people they  lack  the responsible  to get rid of the vermin,(exterminate)  ????

6 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

one year from now the Governor and all those high ranking police officers will still be there and so will the wild dogs on the beach pathetic.

You have to wonder what the official or unoffiocial response would be if the Governor's or a high ranking police officer's kid was attacked. 

11 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I've seen some lists of what is important in Thailand; indeed a falang tourist is below a dog. Natural pecking order at work, now move along.

Exactly..............locals too worried one of the dogs is an ancestor to cull them. The locals are more aware of the risks from these beach dogs.

Throw a stone at a viciously aggressive dog or hit it with a stick and you get fined and perhaps even sentenced to a jail term with two years' probation. Waving the animal away with a softly spoken "shoo, shoo, little dog" is the way to keep yourself out of trouble with the law.

Just now, Puccini said:

Throw a stone at a viciously aggressive dog or hit it with a stick and you get fined and perhaps even sentenced to a jail term with two years' probation. Waving the animal away with a softly spoken "shoo, shoo, little dog" is the way to keep yourself out of trouble with the law.

LOL , Are you being serious or sarcastic ?

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

Why they don't kill the five dogs ? ; I have got problems with dogs on a beach , too, not bitten but almost , three times in the past 

Because dog lovers would object that it's cruel, without a thought for the problems they course, but they wouldn't give them a home. I have a dog, nice dog, taken off the street.

14 hours ago, lust said:

These dogs should be sent to Vietnam to serve up some dishes.

I would prefer to see them humanely disposed of as there are probably too many of them competing for a limited food supply. It's a muslim area and I know from experience the people there do not like dogs, so I am surprised there are so many of them. I know because I once took one there and had great difficulty getting accommodation or hiring a boat.

Why is it that the Thais believe the world revolves around them? The young boy is obviously in shock from his ordeal and these idiots crowd into his room just to try and show how concerned they are. From what I see in the photo, the father doesn't look too happy, either. as to offering to cover any any extra costs their insurance will not cover, that is totally pathetic. The country is responsible for keeping its visitors safe from harm, but let wild dogs roam the street and attack at will. And read into 'dogs', any other interpretation you wish.

The boy was wrong to go to krabi on the beach that seems to be owned by the dogs. But unfortunately, he was to young to know how to read all the warning signs on the arrival hall on the airport and the entry of the beach (sarcasm) about that he must not enter the areas where the dogs are the bosses. The dogs protect their areas and the thais let them own their spots. I have many times almost got attacked by dogs and it is really scary and it is even scarier to know they might have rabies. I guess this will never end in the country that dogs are more protected than humans. I could wish that the prime minister make use of his special power to do something about this problem so people can be safe from this. I guess the dogs finaly will be moved to another place and they will continue to attack people. The problem is solved by moving the problem.

56 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Because dog lovers would object that it's cruel, without a thought for the problems they course, but they wouldn't give them a home. I have a dog, nice dog, taken off the street.

Many street dogs are ok if they get used to you. But unfortunaly the dogs often are not very friendly to strangers like this boy was for the dogs in this case. It also depends on what time of the day you meet the dogs. The same dog can be friendly on the middle of the day but aggressive to strangers in the early morning and evening

I wonder how many Thai children who are savaged by dogs get this treatment? It's quite sickening seeing these groupies around the boy's bed. We mustn't let anything get in the way of tourism, must we? Meanwhile, I wish the boy a speedy recovery and sympathy for the parents.  

I had some success with this Ultrasonic "Dazer". I would say it's about 80-90% effective on the test I made on the pack of dogs roaming on beaches that I go to. One time it did fail but for a reason, the dog I tested on was deaf???? It worked while walking and also I used on bike rides. Seems the dogs really hate the sound and go away. However, never I was able (luckily) to test it on a dog(s) that were already on aggressive attack mode.
https://www.amazon.com/Dog-Dazer-II-Ultrasonic-Deterrent/dp/B000IBRI2Y

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

A room totally packed with strangers for a photo op would be quite traumatic for a 5 year old especially after what he has just been through.  I don't see the point of so many people

And why is that laughing policeguy there with his thumb up? What's so good about this story? 

They all should be on their knee's wai-ing to the boy and his parents and show them a huge cheque to hope for forgiveness.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Krabi governor Kittibodee Prawit, Tourist Police Bureau 3 commander Pol Maj General Angkul Klaikleung and Krabi police chief Pol Maj General Sakchai Limcharoen, who together visited the boy and gave him gifts

My message would be.... don't come here to my bedside, go to the beach & clean up the rabid dog situation so some other innocent person doesn't get mauled !

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Talk about a damage limitation photo op. "We will cover any expenses above your insurance" Wow!!!! How very magnanimous of you. If you all did your jobs, especially after several other attacks, the child would still be playing on the beach. I am sure the family will be relieved he is improving, ..........now lets talk damages............Then, maybe, if one of the hierarchy gets the blame the problems may just, hopefully get addressed......

If I was the father this is exactly what I would have said... after closing the door to keep them from stampeding out!

Thank you all for coming to see my child who was almost mauled to death whilst innocently playing in a public place.

While it's very considerate of you to offer to pay for costs that may go above the insurance cover I will be taking names of all officials who are here or responsible for public safety to see which or all of you will be the recipients of a claim for compensation or even those who could be sued personally for neglect of duty resulting in personal injuries to my child!!

I think the "jolly" mood in the room would have gone sour somehow, as for the show of "thumbs" you know just where you can stick them !!!

No mention of rabies shots in the story. Hopefully, the little lad is getting them. No mention, either, of whether the dogs responsible have been rounded up and tested for the deadly virus and kept in quarantine. If not, it's criminal negligence.

And why is that laughing policeguy there with his thumb up? What's so good about this story? 

They all should be on their knee's wai-ing to the boy and his parents and show them a huge cheque to hope for forgiveness.
It's all gone downhill unfortunately, the PM turned up and bunged the family some money.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

Hello mr Somchai, the boy doesn't want your finger, he's not a dog but a farang kid...he wants a nice rc-drone or new laptop....why didn't you give him one?

The Thai really have to make this good with the family, 25.000 euro plus a lifetime visa for all of them. And a new laptop for the boy.

The iron man mask might come in handy for future attacks.

Archived