Big mistake with Police

Murka

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I rarely stop for police /highway bandits and never hear anything about it

Don't worry unless they come to you

That's right .."don't worry." Let the rest of us do the worrying instead when trying to avoid drink drivers?

1 minute ago, ujayujay said:

First you go to Prison, then you pay a fine around 50000 THB and finally get banned from Thailand 5 Years up. Stupidity hurts.

You wish.

First you go to the Land office, then you pay 200 baht for a new licence and finally you go to a bar. Rinse and repeat.

Or, alternatively, you wait until this thread runs out of steam and then you start another one about the ladyboy that stole 10k baht from you that you had stashed up your rectum.

4 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

That's right .."don't worry." Let the rest of us do the worrying instead when trying to avoid drink drivers?

Sounds like a plan. I came to Thailand to avoid stress. Worrying would be the death of me. Thanks for doing the worrying for me.

17 hours ago, Murka said:

I told him I don’t have enough cash with me I need to go ATM. After I sat in car I decided leave police point without pay anything but he still keep my Thai driving licence . What can happened ?? What does it mean for me ?  I did not sign anything he have only my DL. 

I believe i would go to the license bureau and declare my license lost. 

11 hours ago, Murka said:

You Know this is make me crazy! Now I speded with my family 1 week in Chiang Rai I drove cross all country and I didn’t see any police on highways. But fuc.. Pattaya have police spot every 1 km . If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also .

Massage bring a man to life.

A drunk driver kills people. 

Ring the bell ??

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

Me Tarzan she Jane. I troll and write in pidgeon english so everyone believe me. I happy now I get to 7 pages and have fooled them keyboard warriors on TV.

Not all of us but personally, I'm happy. It's a fun thread and has also brought up some serious issues.

Does it really matter if it's a troll post?

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not all of us but personally, I'm happy. It's a fun thread and has also brought up some serious issues.

Does it really matter if it's a troll post?

No not really but I couldnt resist. I just laugh though when "some" people think its serious lol

11 hours ago, Murka said:

You Know this is make me crazy! Now I speded with my family 1 week in Chiang Rai I drove cross all country and I didn’t see any police on highways. But fuc.. Pattaya have police spot every 1 km . If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also .

Urr, perhaps you could keep some focus  - " If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also"

What's that got to do with your original post here you openly admit you broke several laws?

Perhaps you should think about keeping focus.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Going rate is 10k.

Doubt that the cop has mentioned it to anyone else. How's he going to explain the escape. Usually, without a bribe, as soon as you fail the test it's cuffs on and in the back of the pickup. "Err boss, he asked me if he could go to the 7/11 for some smokes and didn't come back". I don't think so. Licence is probably in a nearby bin.

However, that's the part of the story that smells a bit. If you haven't got the money and need to go to an ATM, the cop always goes with you. Never heard of anyone drive off to an ATM on their own. Cops are used to dealing with Thais and know that there's no way the guy would return.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

You wish.

First you go to the Land office, then you pay 200 baht for a new licence and finally you go to a bar. Rinse and repeat.

Or, alternatively, you wait until this thread runs out of steam and then you start another one about the ladyboy that stole 10k baht from you that you had stashed up your rectum.

Spidey you are off on this.

First you blow which only detects the presence of alcohol, then a secondary test for the level. 95% are settled on the spot here in Pattaya, they don't hand cuff you but if you don't have it there is usually an atm near by. They keep your keys and don't want to be filmed at the atm so they watch from a far.

You CANNOT replace a DL without a police report and as half of all people who make a lose report have previously lost it over not wanting to pay a fine so the police look you up, they are not that daft. Also making any kind of false report will get you in serious trouble and most likely black listed. Remember you can't get a DL here without a WP or letter from Immigration so it is simple for the police to call and get the pp number from immigration and request a hold if caught leaving especially for fleeing a police stop. One can't just rinse and repeat. 

Unless he made the officer angry I agree with a previous post that the DL is just sitting in a desk somewhere as they are mostly lazy. 

2 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

Spidey you are off on this.

First you blow which only detects the presence of alcohol, then a secondary test for the level. 95% are settled on the spot here in Pattaya, they don't hand cuff you but if you don't have it there is usually an atm near by. They keep your keys and don't want to be filmed at the atm so they watch from a far.

You CANNOT replace a DL without a police report and as half of all people who make a lose report have previously lost it over not wanting to pay a fine so the police look you up, they are not that daft. Also making any kind of false report will get you in serious trouble and most likely black listed. Remember you can't get a DL here without a WP or letter from Immigration so it is simple for the police to call and get the pp number from immigration and request a hold if caught leaving especially for fleeing a police stop. One can't just rinse and repeat. 

Unless he made the officer angry I agree with a previous post that the DL is just sitting in a desk somewhere as they are mostly lazy. 

First paragraph, correct, although I do know one person who was cuffed after the 2nd blow.

Personally, I could get a driving licence with zero paperwork and not even visiting the Land office. I know someone who works there and will get you a driving licence for 2k baht. There's always a way in Thailand.

Also, renewed my licence last year and required nothing from immigration. When I first passed my test, in Pattaya, I'm pretty sure I only required a residence certificate from immigration. Yellow book was enough for renewal.

Not sure if the police report would be a problem. As I said, highly unlikely the cop made a report about some guy doing a runner when he went to get a bung from the ATM. Also, I once lost my number plate and needed to get a letter from Nongprue Station. The guy asked for zero documents, not even my passport, just signed a pro forma letter and gave it to me. Cops are very different in Thailand. Diligence just isn't in their vocabulary.

17 hours ago, oxforddon said:

So now you don't have a drivers' licence so at every police stop you will get fined or hassled. And it is very possible that in the process of getting a new one, you might have to get a police report showing you "lost" your last one. In that process you may break another law by not telling the truth about how it was "lost". Also, a record might be placed against your vehicle when you wish to renew tax. As others have said, you may get a visit at your house to explain breaking yet another law - eg. driving away from the scene after being stopped.

Silly writing this  ts Thailand not GB or America

Do not trust what people write here, because they know nothing and believe that they are in EU or US.

It is likely that the cop just put the license somewhere and will forget it.

Once they checked me positive for weed and didn't even check my pockets that had 20g of it...

They are mostly idiots, or they would not be wearing a uniform, trust me !

Actually that driving through works pretty good, at least with a big bike in Bangkok.
I never had any cop who tried to chase me. And never any follow up letters.

Depending on type of checkpoint.

If in a car good luck not stopping, I’d rather be caught pissed than trying to evade them.

If on bike possible to not stop, during the midday heat it’s unlikely they will follow - too lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, Murka said:

No I am not . Just I am don’t worry if they find me and I have to pay 30 000 I count with this option. But I worry If the someone stop me when I will leaving the country in the immigration. Do they are connecting together police and Immigration government ? By the way this problem with police happend 2 weeks ago ???? 

two weeks ago and nothing has happened yet?  why not just take a trip over to cambodia and see if anything happens at the border going over or coming back if nothing happens you are good to go.   

Anyway OP you should consider yourself very lucky if something doesn’t happen. It was foolish to first get caught drunk driving but then you thought ahhhh I’ll runoff from it....really stupid. 

You were first lucky if you could pay the fine.... and then take off. 

Better hope he doesn’t stop you again.

19 hours ago, Murka said:

No I am not . Just I am don’t worry if they find me and I have to pay 30 000 I count with this option. But I worry If the someone stop me when I will leaving the country in the immigration. Do they are connecting together police and Immigration government ? By the way this problem with police happend 2 weeks ago ???? 

Im sure they could contact Immigration and flag your passport so you will be stopped at airport or border and arrested

but depending your location and what the cops are like. 

they are probably to lazy to go through  that extra work.

maybe the local police have pics of you allaround the station tho. 

kind of a treasure hunt for the one who find you and start money extraction

lol

52 minutes ago, oxforddon said:

This is reality. Read carefully what I wrote. I have been here long enough to know.

You clearly have no idea. Do you really think that the cop is going to tell anyone that the guy went missing when he went to an ATM to get his bung?

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You clearly have no idea. Do you really think that the cop is going to tell anyone that the guy went missing when he went to an ATM to get his bung?

He will have to cover his backside, what happens if the OP goes to "Big Joke" and reports the corrupt cop? 

Archived