Doing my long stay a month early

I have been overseas for two months returning last week and not spent much time on TV Forums lately.   I notice that rules that were meant to be implemented from April are now being introduced in March in some places plus some innovative new "local rules".
I have been here 5 years  with my Thai wife of over 12 years.  My long stay retirement extension is due in April and I usually renew it around 20 - 25th of March. 

It seems that a particular emphasis is now being placed on allowable income being sourced only from regular pension-type deposits.  My THB 65,000+ overseas income is only about 50% by pension but I have always have other income deposits way over THB 65,000  from other sources and until recently that seemed unimportant.  

Our plans are to move back to live in my home country in May/June, so I was going to do my extension as usual and cover myself until whatever final departure date.  I have an Embassy  letter re income dated December 2018 and could take to Immigration, copies of bank statements from home showing income/deposits there (to offer only if they start being awkward.)    This year for the first time I was quizzed by my embassy about my income and they noted on my letter that I have income from "pension, rents and investments. " 

Is there any (a) problem; or (b) advantage in doing my long stay extension next week while still in February?  It would give me more time to consider other options if I strike problems.  Is there likely to be a problem with the wording of this embassy letter?  What is my best option if I have a problem and want some sort of visa for an extra 60 - 90 days until we leave?  Just trying to get my ducks lined up early.  I will be going to Sri Racha office where I am well recognised after 5 years. of extensions and reporting.

The latest rules for the 800k baht in the bank option will go into effect on March 1st. Not sure where you read or heard they were to start in April.

The rules for the 65k income option for retirement and 40k baht income for marriage went into effect on December 21 first when the order was issued.

Since you are have a income letter you will still be able to use it to apply for your extension. The only difference for you is they may ask for backup proof for you letter.

Doing your extension early or later would not change anything for you.

If you did not want to deal with the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife which would allow you to stay to June if your extension is ending in April.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The latest rules for the 800k baht in the bank option will go into effect on March 1st. Not sure where you read or heard they were to start in April.

The rules for the 65k income option for retirement and 40k baht income for marriage went into effect on December 21 first when the order was issued.

Since you are have a income letter you will still be able to use it to apply for your extension. The only difference for you is they may ask for backup proof for you letter.

Doing your extension early or later would not change anything for you.

If you did not want to deal with the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife which would allow you to stay to June if your extension is ending in April.

Thank you Ubonjoe!