My Experience Extending my Retirement "Visa" last Friday.

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Would you try transfering an account under the old rules during the preliminary 3 month seasoning period?... You would most like find an immigration officer very unhappy with you making such a move during that seasoning period... Now with the new rules you basically have 400k that must be seasoned for the full 12 months... moving that will also likely put you in a bad place with immigration 

It was this concern that prompted me to open my FD account on the same day as I got my extension...  Next year I'll no need to show multiple books (& letters) and can simply use just the FD alone.

• 6 months later...

Hi,h glad it worked out. We went to immigration in Bluport, over a month ago, to ask about new changes to verifying income.

We have foreign transfers done mthly from pension in excess of 65k required. Instructions were vaguely wirded, so we asked for exactly what was needed. They had nothing to add, no clarification. 

Went to bank got printouts showing depisits from foreign transfer, and certified letter attesting to my account. Went to immigration new office and got rejected. Now they want very specific language very specific format, but when asked for an example of NEW guidelines - it had not changed. Exactly same vague wording. Back to bank with sample if new versiin, from someone on this forum, and they go Oh that format. Takes a week we will charge you again.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, Pib said:

I'm wondering if Thai banks will actually do this or this is just something immigration officers think should be easy to get.  Now, I'm sure it could be done but would require the bank to key in on select codes.  Guess we'll find out over the coming months are more after extension reports flow in.

And this is going to be a problem where pensions are "normally" posted to a person's account the first few days of every month but "occasionally due to weekends/holidays" a payment may be paid/post early.  So early you actually reflect two payments for that month and no payments for the following month. Like a U.S. social security payment on 3 Aug and another one on 31 Aug (the 31 Aug payment would normally occur on 3 Sep but 3 Sep/Mon was a US holiday preceded by the weekend so it was paid early).  This  periodically happens with various US govt benefit payments like U.S. social security,  military retirement, Veteran's Administration, etc.

Typically happens with the UK state pension, which is paid 4-weekly.  Nice to have 13 payments in a year, but doesn't help with the Thai regs, as you suggested.  Oh yes, and it's paid LATE in the case of weekends and bank holidays.

Edited by Pferdlkrantz
Addition of qualifying text