Six marine officials killed as van blows tyre, crashes into tree

webfact

23 hours ago, neeray said:

In my 50+ years of driving a million miles or two, I have had the odd tire blow out but never a loss of reasonable control.

One memorable occasion was when driving a truck on a super highway at 100 kph and a front tire blew out. No great amount of control was lost. I steered the vehicle easily to the service lane.

Had a front tire blow out on a 1965 plymouth when I was doing 115mph. It kind of floated till I got down to about 50mph ,then I had to hang on tight till it dropped down to about 40mph and was down on the rim.

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Looking at the damage, and seeing the death toll, i think it was more than just a tyre blow out.

Speed, lack of experience, panic, maybe even drink involved, who knows.

Sad and tragic loss of life, many families mourning the loss of loved ones, R.I.P.

I agree, probably drugged up too, probably never had a drivers license, failed test, lack of sleep too comes to mind, faulty breaks or faulty steering, maby both. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, indepth said:

I agree, probably drugged up too, probably never had a drivers license, failed test, lack of sleep too comes to mind, faulty breaks or faulty steering, maby both. 

Agree pick an excuse any excuse will do as long as it not fault of driver, bloody pathetic

A few (7 or so) years ago my brother-in-law picked me up at the airport - while I was loading my suitcases I glanced at the right rear tire which was as bald as a baby's behind.  I then checked the other tires - the left rear was worse with threads sticking out - I don't recall what the front tires were like.  Since we had to travel 60 km to get to our village I was very afraid we would not get there unscathed.  We did!  Next morning I took him to the tire shop and put on 4 new tires - nearly 15,000 baht.  I also had him get a wheel alignment.  (No thank you, no repayment!).  He is probably still driving on those tires!!

Edited by Prairieboy