How is Lion air??

Lemonlime

On 2/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Snow Leopard said:

In my experience booking a low-cost fare usually doesn't work out that much cheaper with all the add ons. Of course, there are many factors involved. Do your homework basically, Everyone has different reasons for travelling. I have gone through the whole process sometimes to book a ticket. Add on Luggage, Add on a seat,  Add on a meal,  Etc. Only to pull out when I get to the final price.  

...pull out... there's another thread.

19 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Can't post up any facts so the best you can come up with is I must have a "connection to the airline". 

Actually my first suggestion was that you lack maturity because of your insults. Your use of smilie emojis when making your insults tends to confirm this.

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Well yes I fly, I am a consumer. Although this year I am not taking AAsia Bkk - Denpassar, then Lion to Ambon or beyond. That is a hot season favorite escape package.

No I am going to Euroland in April this year. And while I am a cheapskate I am not flying Scoot. :biggrin:

Not at all relevant and in fact somewhat boring.

Ok, you have become annoying enough for me to give you some links that your apparent abilities can't uncover.  They rank at 4th worst here:

https://www.escapehere.com/trending-travel/the-worlds-13-most-dangerous-airlines/10/

Check out the Incidents and accidents section in this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Air

I am aware that most dangerous airline lists include any little donkey airline that charges for a ride in their Cessna in places like Nepal or Surinam, and Lion probably doesn't quite make such a list, but they do feature highly in lists looking at major airlines.

Enjoy your trip to "Euroland" and remember, just a few years ago, Lion were banned from their airspace because of a crap safety record!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yogavnture said:

air asia if u bring lots of luggage.  thai lion just changed their policys no more free sports equip. now im forced to use nickel and diming air asia.  make sure to pay in original currency on website or they get u thier too.  god air asia nickel and dimes to death. onlly way to save a baht is to pay at air asia office

I fly between CM and BKK. Been flying AA, always late, and wanted to check out another airline. Lion Air had a good price if I have 15kg or less. If more, it seemed expensive. AA is reasonable up to the 25kg I need. Nickle and dimeing but still pretty good. Last flight was an hour late for an hour flight. Plus they changed gates and everybody went running then stood around for another 1/2 hour. Of course, when I asked about the boarding time they said it would be on time. It seems the time they allow for a flight has a certain lateness built into it. The flight can leave late and still be on time. Thought the hour didn't work. Watcha gonna do?

I do miss the days when the AA flight attendants wore tight jeans.

The first site you list, I have to sign on to, verify myself. I think I have a VPN, but hey ....  this is a flipping joke right. How about maybe get another site and cut the games  :thumbsup: I already checked the listings before I replied to the first post asking your for link. So they are not even in the bottom 20 airlines world wide. That by three official news sources.

Any other ideas?  I get the idea "you are working for an ariline now" ... well it is Thaivisa and it has rather went to the crocs these days

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, KMartinHandyman said:

Check the baggage terms and ask about carry-on as well to be sure what you’ll pay all inclusive, round trip. If I remember correctly our tickets were inexpensive but didn’t include any stowed baggage which was an additional fee.

Since 15 JAN 2019 checked baggage is optional for domestic flight.  You pay extra.

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The facts exist. That you're not capable of finding them is of little concern to me.

Your propensity to insult suggests a certain immaturity or perhaps a connection to the airline.

Play nice guys

11 hours ago, elgenon said:

Would like to hear more experiences with Nok. Should I change to Nok?

ive had good experiences with nok.  hey heres the deal . it dont matter what airline u travel on . nok. thai smile. aa or lion their are pretty much all the same i will venture to say safety wise i would put nok at the bottom.. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, Lemonlime said:

Can I bring my iPad or some snacks onto the plane?

sometimes air asia will check carry ons.  for weight.   so i just pay for extra luggage with them even if i dont need it..  dont want to risk day of travel luggage charges. aa can be ruthless if they want to be.

aa rip offs..  one , dont pay in home currency pay in currency of countrys site,  aa thai for instance.  aa will get you thier.  secondly.  if you have an aa office in your city go their to pay, not online.  aa is the nickel and dime king..    i always liked thai lion air until they recently changed luggage policys

Usually travel AA between 2 and 4 times every month but have just tried Lion for first time and am pleasantly surprised.

This is all subjective but in their 737 (v the 320) I found the seat more comfortable and the cabin more "airy" and bright.- (larger windows ?)

Seems less sales pitch for snack food, plastic planes, King Power duty free etc which blight the AA flights

All in all if had to chose now between them both on the same route then Lion would win out