secret sale

fruitman

Last week i was in Pizzacompany, got my pizza and also ordered a Swensson pot of icecream.....buy one get two the girl said...so i got two but there was no text anywhere telling this promotion.

This weekend i was in Central World, in the Reebok shop.....the staff approached me and told me 50% discount...i asked where i could see that but he didn't understand my question. I tried him out and asked for 70% discount but that was not possible.

Then i was in the Columbia store, i asked the staff about discount...yes 20% he said...i asked him where i could see that, cannot he replied...I asked him why they don't make a sign for the items in sale so it's easier for the customers...it's for farang only he said, thai people don't get the discount. A Thai man was fitting stuff and heard it, he examined the salesguy and walked straight out of the shop.

Later in Central we were at the clothing department, again the sales came to us and said 30% discount...nope, of course there were no signs about that.

So how does this work??? Will the sales offer you discount when they like you or only if you're farang? And if they don't offer it does that mean you have the wrong nationality to get discount??

From now on i don't believe any price anymore and will just offer them what i think it's worth in Thailand.

Happened to me in Central when i bought a pair of office shoes and some dress shirts.

Got five shirts instead of four and managed to find a second pair of shoes I liked . I had even paid for the first pair and got a receipt. I used the receipt to get the discount on the second pair.

I am not sure where i would have looked to find this out.

I simply said thank you.

Its the shops that dont show prices at all that I am wary of. They get whatever they think they can get away with.(imho)

And buy1 get 1 free is the biggest rip off of all time (in supermarkets) they are usually charging double or more of the single item.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Where did i say i used their website? I just call and go there.

They advertise on their webiste. You really complain about everything without ever looking at faults with yourself. Why should they advertise each and every deal everywhere when it is already on their website easy to find. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

They advertise on their webiste. You really complain about everything without ever looking at faults with yourself. Why should they advertise each and every deal everywhere when it is already on their website easy to find. 

Again i just call them and go there to pick up my pizza';s....so how should i know the icecream is in the sale?

!

11 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Again i just call them and go there to pick up my pizza';s....so how should i know the icecream is in the sale?

Don't you have some weights to pull?? Is very usefull you know!

.. its not all a secret plot against foreigners. Just look on their website before you call and you know about all of their promotions. See you learned something new again today and maybe lost some of your paranoid visions. 

• Haha 1