Brexit to harm UK's cherished health service, experts say

webfact

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Tell me where have I said about shiny trade deals????:coffee1:

You have obviously just gatecrashed these threads as those that follow them will know, I am what is called a hard brexiteer now. It use to be a leave voter but a term used by remainers who can't accept the Referendum result.

I don't care about deals and as you should know, none can be done until we leave the EU. We haven't left yet.

So answer the first line and I will reply. I have a feeling it will be a long time though.

Ah, gatecrashing! That is a new one. Am I not supposed to be here? Please explain why that is? Talk about arrogance.

As for the mention trade deals. I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply you had mentioned them. Its pretty clear you have no clue nor care for what comes next.

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, samran said:

Ah, gatecrashing! That is a new one. Am I not supposed to be here? Please explain why that is? Talk about arrogance.

As for the mention trade deals. I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply you had mentioned them. Its pretty clear you have no clue nor care for what comes next.

So from your post it is clear that you don't know my views as I have been a very prominent poster ion this subject before the referendum. I have never stated that you are not supposed to be here,. if I have I look forward to seeing that.:coffee1:

That's OK as you say you didn't mean to imply I had mentioned trade deals. We agree on that point.

As for what comes next. I am as clear as anyone else here. I have opinions but no crystal ball. Of course I care what comes next. I would say you are presuming a lot from me without anything to support it.

But if you are relating to the project fear, from everything to no food to the sky turning green, I have heard it before, so I am skeptical.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have obviously just gatecrashed these threads....

Gatecrashing: " enter (a party or other gathering) without an invitation "

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I have never stated that you are not supposed to be here.

clearly.... #hashtag #coffeedrinkingemoji.

Edited by samran

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is project fear.

Another left wing lecturer no doubt.  I would love to know if he or his department get to benefit for writing this. Funding by any chance.

Yeah right. All be wonderful thanks to all that money Boris and Farage promised will be pumped into the NHS after Brexit.

The real issue with the NHS is the chronic mismanagement by a vastly too large non medical management who suck out too much money on salary packages, are inefficient and ineffective, and worst still are unaccountable for performance. 

But supply chains for medicines, equipment, consumables and labor will be affected for sure. Too what extent will depend on the expertise of their procurement teams - which to date as not exactly even been average. 

Expect lots of useless statistics showing how good things are whilst a plethora of patients complaints emerges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

I take some of these expected shortages in medicine and other supplies even staff as opportunities for the UK to expand its pharmaceutical industry as well as for the NHS to recruit and train more Doctors and nurses etc...It is high time to start producing more without restriction or imposed quotas and EXPAND THE ECONOMY.

Yeah, cause training doctors and nurses was somehow being restricted by those evil people in Brussels! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ramping up Project Fear again for the benefit of the MPs as we near another amendment vote.
Some will lap it up as reinforcement of their Remain agendas. Others will swing towards accepting Theresa’s deal.
A LIB Remainer was on the radio yesterday also trying to forecast disaster for the NHS in case of a 70 second delay for isotopes delivery. Lol Some of them actually believe each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

11 hours ago, samran said:

And blue passports. Don’t forget the blue passports...

As for the trade deals. They have to leave the EU first. Then people will be queueing up around the block to sign them the very next day. Promise!

palastine,iran,chile,botswana and iceland,now what worthwhile products does the uk produce to sell to these nothing nations.

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Well you read some right old rubbish on the internet. How on earth would stopping the flow of freeloading foreigners coming to the UK to avail themselves of our free healthcare harm the NHS? If anything it will help to save our NHS if it goes back to treating Brits like it was designed to do. 

iam sure benidorm,magaluf,malia,malaga hospitals look like liverpool and sunderland general hospitals over the summer months and even the winter months,but iam sure you dont understand.

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

no wonder the BoE predicted inflation would surge,lots of products to cost a lot more and then add on another 10% due to the pound taking a hit,would sent the UK into recession in 6-12 months even before all the big companies moved out,anyone who thinks different needs help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brexit experts? How do you become an expert on this subject? Is there a degree course based on examples of the previous Brexits? So far so-called experts have all got their sums wrong - Governor of the Bank of England, IMF etc. So what makes these quacks think they're experts? Nobody is an expert in this subject but I do know brinksmanship negotiating is being undermined by these so-called experts.

The pound has hit a 21 month high against the euro and trading at its highest level against the US dollar since October 2018. mmmm funny old game investing - wonder why the investors don't think it all going wrong. You'd think they would be ditching the GBP.

Edited by Jaggg88
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not sure what papers you read, but our health professionals have been protesting loudly for years about successive governments' disdain for the NHS. The experts have been very vocal. 

I,ve always been very proud of our NHS. And during my 20yrs in Thailand my pride only became  greater, comparing the madical care available in Thailand, be they the so called international hospital or the state hospitals against those ran by our NHS. Now back in the U.K my eyes have been opened, and I have to tell you with great sorrow, that the NHS is in a complete mess.

Speaking with a consultant last month, he admitted that the service has become top heavy with over paid Bureaucrats, who are stifling the efficiency of the NHS with petty red tape.

Is the answer to privatize or semi privatize the NHS I do not know, but something certainly needs to be done, and I don’t mean throwing more money at it.

Anyway slightly of topic, but with a medical slant, a poster from home.

CF402E6A-FB52-438D-842E-FB2B9606A5A5.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have you any idea how long it takes to ‘expand’ a pharmaceutical business.

If you had you’d not need reminding of the horrors of ‘validation’.

We could have started 2 and a 1/2 years ago,but unfortunately we were burdened with a P.M who is a remainer intent on overturning the people’s vote.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

It found that one major problem from Brexit under all scenarios would be staff recruitment and retention - in part because few provisions have been made for immigration of health workers to the UK or for long-term recognition of professional qualifications.

IMO that is rubbish. When I worked in the NHS 10 years ago, they were recruiting large numbers of Filipinos and Africans to work in my hospital ( I assume also every other hospital ), none of which are from the EU. I don't remember any workers from the continent.

If they can't retain staff, that is down to the NHS management which were appalling when I worked in it. Pay and conditions were rubbish as well.

I have no idea what they mean by "long-term recognition of professional qualifications."

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Why can't we just simply import these medicines from non-EU countries? Jesus what nonsense. 

Well, that will not only take quite a while to set up (nothing has been done yet in that respect), deals with 

pharmaceutical firms will have to be struck. So expect patients dying unneeded for quite a while yet after brexit, and be prepared to pay triple the previous price of the drugs. These companies are there to make money, and once they have you over a barrel.... Well, you know what happens next, don't you?

19 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Have you forgotten the 'project fear from George Osborne and how he was proved wrong?

As for the EU has failings I am glad you see that but I disagree with its the best we have. We haven't had a chance to be independent of the EU and the EU don't want to give us that chance.

We were independent before we joined, if we were doing so well why did we ? Britain is better of now than before Brexit. How has Osborne been proved wrong, we haven't left yet, armageddon is still waiting in the wings. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO that is rubbish. When I worked in the NHS 10 years ago, they were recruiting large numbers of Filipinos and Africans to work in my hospital ( I assume also every other hospital ), none of which are from the EU. I don't remember any workers from the continent.

If they can't retain staff, that is down to the NHS management which were appalling when I worked in it. Pay and conditions were rubbish as well.

I have no idea what they mean by "long-term recognition of professional qualifications."

"I remember no workers from the continent'". That's because your working days were apparently over, 10 years ago.

In 2016, 6,382 fully qualified EU nurses entered Britain, followed by a staggering 9,389 in 2017. All this due to the fact that the british government decided not to pay for the education of british nurses, it was cheaper to have them educated at EU cost in Europe, and then have them come to britain.

Now, they are leaving in their droves: 4000 last year, 2019 will probably be worse, and there are only 800 new applications this year from EU nurses that want to come to England.

As to Non-EU recruitement: pay peanuts, get monkeys.

And you have your own government to thank for it.

Edited by Bullie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

We could have started 2 and a 1/2 years ago,but unfortunately we were burdened with a P.M who is a remainer intent on overturning the people’s vote.

Never overestimate the wisdom of a people who are addicted to 'East Enders' and 'Love Island' and whose favourate past time seems to be getting completely drunk and drugged up over the weekend. Their information comes from the Daily Mirror, the Sun and the Daily Express, what do you expect.