How Much Cash

jfk

:o hi guys, coming out to see you all in los next week. want to take sterling cash with me. have an "O" so am staying for a year or so. is it ok to take cash over 1000 pounds. going for a year so if i declare at customs in the uk do you think there will be a problem.

maybe take receipt from bank to show i took it from there and it isnt dodgy.

your opinions are appreciated.

:o hi guys, coming out to see you all in los next week. want to take sterling cash with me. have an "O" so am staying for a year or so. is it ok to take cash over 1000 pounds. going for a year so if i declare at customs in the uk do you think there will be a problem.

maybe take receipt from bank to show i took it from there and it isnt dodgy.

your opinions are appreciated.

There is no limit on the amount of currency you can bring into Thailand. There are some exchage places (i.e. Super Rich...etc.) that you can usually get 2.5 - 3% better exchange for large bill than the banks or normal exchange places. Do a search onTV for locations and more info.

I am not advocating that traveling with £1000 cash is a sensible idea but that is a relatively small amount and I would be most surprised if you had any problem either departing your host country or on arrival to Thailand should you be questioned by customs.