Overstay..?

Yep, when you request your extension the overstay will be spotted (might be smart to point it out), pay the fine (500 Baht per day).

Whether you are granted an extension depends upon the mood of the officer, if (s)he's having a bad day you may get a three day stamp for your 1900 Baht :o a lot depends upon how long your overstay was (ah, now I see, two days, probably no problem). Remember, any extension is not a given right.

Rule 1. Do not overstay.

Let us know how you get on, with all the fluidity in the rules these days any up to date news is helpful :D

Hi everyone.. Thanks for the advise :-) even though I got it when I got back home...

But never mind, everything went just fine.

1. I went to the counter where you get the application form and told him that I had overstayed for 2 days.

2. He said ok and told me to fill out the application and come back.

3. Went back and he gave me the number for the queue.

4. My number came up and I went to the counter, she look through and said you have 2 overstay days, I agreed and then she said thats gonna be B1000 and B1900 for your extension. No problems what so ever.

I might have been lucky, but I think that they don't mind because they make more money that way anyway :-)

Thats all from me for this time.

Thanks again for a GREAT forum.

I had 1 day overstay, went to Immigration (Suan Pluh) sat 24th feb. Pretty much same procedure as phitsanulok. I can recomend go to Immigration on a saturday, it took me about 20min to extend my Tourist Visa even thoght I had to run across the street to get copy the passport. I'm not sure they handle all types of visas and what time they close so it's could be a good idea to call them before you go there.

As an FYI, and of course it is probably in the wrong place, but Thai gov't is very interested in putting the 'best' tourist foot forward.

Being in the hospitality industry, they are working on something good right now for bkk in the very near future, but keeping my lip tight to make sure it 'happens'.....

Don't overstay.

Step 1 Arrest

Step 2 Immigration Detention Centre at Suan Plu (standing room only, or so I am told)

Step 3 Deportation

Step 4 PNG stamp in passport and on immigration computer

• 1 month later...
Don't overstay.

Step 1 Arrest

Step 2 Immigration Detention Centre at Suan Plu (standing room only, or so I am told)

Step 3 Deportation

Step 4 PNG stamp in passport and on immigration computer

can anyone confirm step 4? my embassy says otherwise.

i am going to apply for a 30 day extension on my tourist visa today. can someone let me know if i need to show an outward bound ticket within the 30 day period and any other info that may be relevant? this is the first time i will be extending a visa.

i am going to apply for a 30 day extension on my tourist visa today. can someone let me know if i need to show an outward bound ticket within the 30 day period and any other info that may be relevant? this is the first time i will be extending a visa.

I've done the extension many many times and I was never asked for a ticket (Chiang Mai Imm. Office)

I extended my TV at Nan immigration last week and wasn't asked for an outbound ticket. Have never been asked for one on the previous 3 times either. Just make sure you have photocopies of the relevant pages from your passport and a passport sized photo. Also remember the usual advice that dressing smartly and being polite never does any harm.