blue stamp for my first setv in phnom penh!

Hello, im 35 years old,i have a Belgian passport but I live in France and i got a new passport at the belgian embassy at Marseille in October 2018.

I did a first setv at the thai embassy in Paris and Tuesday i applied for a new one in Phnom Penh for the first time.

i ve just discovered a blue stamp on it. So now I'm worried about going back by plane tomorrow at bkk suvarnabhumi...

I'm also worried about my chances to get another Visa in the future...

Any advices?

20190228_162119.jpg

• Like 1

You will not have a problem entering Thailand with your history. The stamp you cite will have no effect on that. It is unclear whether it will impact on future visa applications. As @ubonnjoe says, it is a little different from other stamps that make further tourist visa applications difficult without passport replacement.

EDIT: Do not use Phnom Penh again for tourist visa applications, and be prepared for a possible visa application rejection elsewhere, though the concerns in that direction may be unfounded.

Edited by BritTim

• 2 months later...

Hello,
it's been 3 months since I posted my first message but i have not seen other messages from people in the same situation, so I'm gonna tell you the end of this story.
I entered the suvarnabhumi airport and when I presented my passport, the IO looked at it for a good minute and then spoke with his female colleague for another good minute showing her my passport.
These few minutes seemed very long ...
Finally the IO stamped my passport without asking any questions and I was good for 2 more months.
Now I have returned to France and I am still wondering about the opportunity to make a new passeport.

it annoys me because this passport is less than a year and there are only 2 visas inside.But i m still worry about getting another visa with this blue stamp...

I will keep you posted if I apply for a new visa with this passport.

Edited by jackryan83
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jackryan83 said:

the IO looked at it for a good minute and then spoke with his female colleague for another good minute showing her my passport.
These few minutes seemed very long ...
Finally the IO stamped my passport without asking any questions

Thanks for the update.

Lets hope they were both puzzled themselves as to why you were given the blue stamp after only one visa..

You will most likely be able to enter again with a new visa as you were out of the country for some time now(the longer the better), just don't forget to carry 20,000 bath or equivalent with you.

It really is a shame that a genuine tourist like you will probably find at some point that the Long term Uncertainty and Anxiety associated with visiting this place are just not worth the effort, and will look for a different place to visit..

Thanks again for your post and we hope to hear from you soon.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I was under the belief that the embassies today share the database with Immigration.

Not for that info if any. Perhaps for those on the blacklist and or banned is the only thing a embassy or consulate has access to.

• Like 1