macbook pro retina - a few small (I believe) issues

triffid

1) Regardless of what settings I choose in the 'battery saving' button in preferences, my monitor and computor goes off within minutes of there being no keyboard etc activity.  How to make the system work properly again.

2) Every time I log in or return from 'sleep' mode etc, a window called 'Framework' opens up which I have to close.  Don't what this is or why it happens.  Time wasting and irritating.  What to do to stop this irritating issue?

3) For some reason my iphone is identified on my macbook (eg when I'm doing a dropbox bluetooth sync) not by the name it has always had but by the name of one of my contacts in the address book - always the same one.  How to make it revert to the normal name?

If any experts can tell me how to resolve any these issues I shall be most grateful.

You may have already performed the following, but if you haven't it might be worth a try (note; I don't run the latest OS but should be similar).

Problem 1.  Have you checked the sleep settings in power adaptor mode? --System Preferences/Energy saver-- you can then set preferences for both battery and/or power adaptor.

Problem 2.  Check your login application list. --System Preferences/User & Groups/Login Items--

Apps listed here will automatically start at login. If you don't want them too, delete them from the list.

Problem 3. Sounds more like your phone ID has changed. you can check on your IPhone by going to --Setting/General/about-- The name is listed here and can be changed if required. Not sure if you have to re-pair your devices after a name change.

Regards Bill.

Thank you for your response and tips, Bill

1) Yes I did have the energy saver button 3hrs for some time now.  Doesn't make a difference.  Things used to work fine before.  Someone suggested that the 'caffeine' app I had may have interfered in some way with the energy saver system so I removed that app - but that didn't remedy the problem.

2) & 3) I shall check your suggested actions & tell here if they did the trick.

Thanks again.

Just did as you suggested for 2) and 3).  No Luck.

2) No mention of 'Framework" (whatever that is) in the User & Group Log in items

3) My iphone settings/general/about shows the name as it should be and always used to be.  Can't work out why on earth it's adopted the particular name from the address book.

It's a pity nothing worked. I think Frameworks is a developer tool and can be shared across devices.   The following procedure I had to use to stop iTunes from opening at startup, frameworks may have something similar. (Just substitute iTunes with Frameworks)

With iTunes open go to --menu bar/iTune/Preferences-- and check 'prevent from automatically syncing. Hopefully there is something in framework preferences to prevent it from opening

Apart from that I have no more suggestions.

Thanks for giving time to these issues.  I couldn't follow your last suggestion - entirely my slow-wittedness.  

I was thinking maybe Apple support may have ideas.  I wonder if this is available to macbook owners outside the warranty period.  I'll search around.

Archived