3BB fiber vs AIS fiber Phuket

jphasia

Does anyone has any experience with AIS Fiber in Phuket (I am in Kathu)?

I have been using 3BB Fiber (to home 200/100) for the last few years without any issue but AIS Fiber is now reaching my area and AIS is offering a package (similar than my 3bb 200/100) at 500 bahts per month instead of 1,284b / month with 3bb.

The AIS package include free AIS playbox for 1 year and a simcard 20gb.

I am already AIS customer with mobile and AIS play (through mobile and android box).

I just want to know if AIS Fiber is reliable in term of quality and speed compare to 3BB Fiber.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

500 baht less than 3BB Bt1284?  For the AIS Fibre PowerMaxx 200/100 package with 20GB mobile data and Playbox TV package like you described it Bt999 plus 7% VAT per month?  Now they do have a PowerMaxx 100/50 package with SIM and Play box for Bt799 plus VAT.  

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_power4maxx.html

Anyway, I know you are  talking Phuket, but I've been with AIS Fibre here in Bangkok for about 3 years....fiber all the way to my home....no DSL for the final X-meters.   Reliability/up-time has been north of 99.99%.

Right now I'm on their 200/50 package with 4Mb speed unlimited data and Playbox for 1099/month.  However, in less than 3 hours when my new billing month starts I will switch to the PowerMaxx 200/100 package talked about...basically a better/faster package for Bt100 less than what I was paying.  AIS Fibre just continues to lower prices and offer a wide variety of packages....hard to keep up with all the new packages (internet and TV packages) and price drops.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

500 baht less than 3BB Bt1284?  For the AIS Fibre PowerMaxx 200/100 package with 20GB mobile data and Playbox TV package like you described it Bt999 plus 7% VAT per month?  Now they do have a PowerMaxx 100/50 package with SIM and Play box for Bt799 plus VAT.  
http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_power4maxx.html

Anyway, I know you are  talking Phuket, but I've been with AIS Fibre here in Bangkok for about 3 years....fiber all the way to my home....no DSL for the final X-meters.   Reliability/up-time has been north of 99.99%.

Right now I'm on their 200/50 package with 4Mb speed unlimited data and Playbox for 1099/month.  However, in less than 3 hours when my new billing month starts I will switch to the PowerMaxx 200/100 package talked about...basically a better/faster package for Bt100 less than what I was paying.  AIS Fibre just continues to lower prices and offer a wide variety of packages....hard to keep up with all the new packages (internet and TV packages) and price drops.

Yes, it is this package AIS Fibre PowerMaxx 200/100 with 20GB mobile data and Playbox TV. The normal price for this package is Bt999 + taxes but if you are 3BB Fiber existing customer, they offer a promotion at Bt500 + taxes. We only need to show them the 3BB bill to be eligible for this package.
My contract with 3BB is until July (actually I paid 1 year in front) but I am considering to take AIS now, that will give me the time to test it. Also, this promotion is until the end of March as per AIS said.
I am very happy with 3BB, no issue at all (I am also on Fiber till the router) but AIS is Bt700 cheaper...
I am long customer of AIS for mobile. I have 15gb data sim for 799/ month. My wife and my 19 years old son are also with AIS mobile. So don't really need the 20Gb sim from the package but it's ok.
I am also subscriber on AIS play through my mobile number. I believe it is the same contents than with the Playbox more or less. I subscribed to the Premium package at 300/ month. Good thing is that I installed the AIS play app on multiple android boxes so I can enjoy it from all my TV's ( I have 3 at home) and even in Myanmar through VPN where I am working. So the playbox is not really needed for me but again Bt700 cheaper for the Fiber than 3BB.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

if you paid until july, why would you lose all that money you paid and switch to AIS?

it doesn't make any sense.

3bb allows you use your own router, provides dynamic ipv4 IP address etc.

AIS does not let you use your own router out of the box, no ipv4 but CGNAT for most packages.

I don't see any speed advantages of AIS over 3BB. I have both in 2 buildings within 100 meters each other. AIS tends to get slower at evenings but 3BB performs same day&night.

Right now I am in a hotel in Chiang Mai (far far away from my home) for one day, they are using TOT Fiber. I did some tests over wifi and impressed with TOT's 40Mbit per single connection download speed at testmy.net servers which is way better than before and I did test it at evening / night time.

TOT's new europe links also perform great, pings are lower than others and it feels like FTL lol.

160 ms ping from Chiang Mai to France/Germany/UK is amazing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jphasia said:

Yes, it is this package AIS Fibre PowerMaxx 200/100 with 20GB mobile data and Playbox TV. The normal price for this package is Bt999 + taxes but if you are 3BB Fiber existing customer, they offer a promotion at Bt500 + taxes. We only need to show them the 3BB bill to be eligible for this package.

OK...I understand now.  That is a big discount and enticement to signup with AIS Fibre. 

My switch to the AIS Power4Maxx 200/100 plan went OK at 2 minutes after midnight with the start of my billing month.   Below are a couple of speed tests done via Wifi connection to my router along with an IPv4 & IPv6 connectivity test.  I have the AIS-provided router set to bridged mode which provides my ASUS router full control of my home network.   My connection comes with a "Public/dynamic" vs Private (CGNAT) IPv4  connection....originally is came with CGNA  butAIS changed it from CGNAT to Public...suppose to cost extra per month but it never has for me....that occurred around 18 months ago in trying to fix an international speed problem I had for 6 weeks (speed was still OK...it's just it had dropped to around half of what it use to be....but they later found a server problem and got that international speed back to what it had use to be for me.  All good to go.

Speedtest.net  to Bangkok

8085310861.png

Testmy.net to Singaore

xt_xD-vps.69gysHn8D.png

image.png.4584e412240641d0017e39fcd79e237e.png

image.png.bfb6fcbfe08fe4ed27a7fa1d129950bd.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muratremix said:

if you paid until july, why would you lose all that money you paid and switch to AIS?

it doesn't make any sense.

Actually, just because this promotion from AIS at Bt500 is valid only this month. So, if I want to go with them, I rather take it this month and have 2 Fiber connection for few months

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

OK...I understand now.  That is a big discount and enticement to signup with AIS Fibre. 

My switch to the AIS Power4Maxx 200/100 plan went OK at 2 minutes after midnight with the start of my billing month.   Below are a couple of speed tests done via Wifi connection to my router along with an IPv4 & IPv6 connectivity test.  I have the AIS-provided router set to bridged mode which provides my ASUS router full control of my home network.   My connection comes with a "Public/dynamic" vs Private (CGNAT) IPv4  connection....originally is came with CGNA  butAIS changed it from CGNAT to Public...suppose to cost extra per month but it never has for me....that occurred around 18 months ago in trying to fix an international speed problem I had for 6 weeks (speed was still OK...it's just it had dropped to around half of what it use to be....but they later found a server problem and got that international speed back to what it had use to be for me.  All good to go.

Speedtest.net  to Bangkok

8085310861.png

Testmy.net to Singaore

xt_xD-vps.69gysHn8D.png

image.png.4584e412240641d0017e39fcd79e237e.png

image.png.bfb6fcbfe08fe4ed27a7fa1d129950bd.png

Sounds good.

Actually, just because this promotion from AIS at Bt500 is valid only this month. So, if I want to go with them, I rather take it this month and have 2 Fiber connection for few months

Don't worry, AIS have promotion all the time and you just take note of the agents contact when your current contract expires, you can ask them for the best deal.

I have been using ais for over 2 years, last month I went to downgrade my package, they give me a 50% discount and tied me to a 1 year contract. I'm paying 299B for 50/20 connection via condo vdsl. Competition are fierce at the moment so they want to keep loyal customers and get new customers.

• Like 1