Concrete road cost estimates

176 meter, 3 meters wide, 400,000 baht (which should be a very friendly price).

Count approximately 1,000 baht per square meter – i.e. 4 meter wide road costs 4,000 baht per running meter –depending of ground preparation, water drainage, and cement (preferably use water proof mix to avoid cracks, its only a few hundred baht more per cubic meter).

Leave the road for at least 3 days without (heavy) traffic to let the concrete cure, preferably longer, and best if up to 28 days.

• Like 2

@PoorSucker

That thread is 10 yrs old - the prices have changed sincewhile...

In a current project in Chiang Mai, we're looking at the following on a very sandy for light domestic use only lot:

1. fill material 50-70 cm (straighten and slope) and compress with dozer, leave for a year

2. fine gravel 20 cm

3. concrete 8 cm w/ rebar

4. ~150m x 3m

5. location ~30km outside the city

all-in cost 570THB/m^2

On 3/4/2019 at 6:57 AM, khunPer said:

Count approximately 1,000 baht per square meter – i.e. 4 meter wide road costs 4,000 baht per running meter

I would seriously consider a 4WD vs the cost of a concrete driveway.

14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I would seriously consider a 4WD vs the cost of a concrete driveway.

You might wish to walk in the wet-season, so you also need to invest in some pairs of heavy waders for the whole household. I sold my 4WD for a good price, and I saved so much in gasoline using a smaller new MPV-car that fits a nice concrete road, that it more than paid my share of it; pure win-win, and I didn't need to buy new waders either...????

And the actual price was 757 baht a square meter all inclusive – including drainage and extra square meters in turns – and on top we got a 10% discount due to the building constructor also live in the local community. Another quotation was on 450k baht for the same job; and 8-years ago we was quoted 800k baht, which was way overpriced in my opinion, but however for 242 meters in length, i.e. 1,100 baht a square meter. So in total we paid little less than 700 baht a square meter, which is not that far from a Chiang Mai price on almost 600 baht a square meter, and please remember that everything is little up-priced on a holiday island, due to ferry and in general higher living costs, also for the workers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1