Apply now! Get this stunner and ten million baht - but can you stand the smell of durian?

webfact

Apply now! Get this stunner and ten million baht - but can you stand the smell of durian?

2ppm.jpg

Pictures: Thai Rath, Sanook

A wealthy durian wholesaler went on Facebook to advertise for a son-in-law to marry his 26 year old daughter.

And the successful groom was promised 10 million baht in cash if he wins her heart.

All he has to be is hard working, healthy and have business savvy. 

2pm.jpg

Status and education are unimportant, said "Sia" Anon Rotthong in his Facebook plea for a mate for his daughter "Nong Karn". 

But seeing as the prospective son-in-law must work in the durian business it is clear he must have a nose for the pungent fruit. 

Thai Rath caught up with "Karn" or Karnsita Rotthong after the story exploded on Thai social media. 

She said her dad wasn't home - he had gone off to Bangkok to be interviewed on TV. She said the phone had not stopped ringing with men wanting to marry her. They couldn't get any sleep.

Tons of people had been adding her on Line and asking to be friends on Facebook.

non-daughter-1_1551618316.jpg

Some had been critical of the approach of the father, she said, but not many. 

She said her dad wanted her to be happy and have a family and he wanted someone to help run the durian business. 

Karn received a master's degree from ABAC. 

She said she is not really interested in dating - just durian. 

One or two men have tried to woo her but she has not found anyone she likes enough yet. 

She denied that the advertisement for a suitor was just a ploy to boost durian sales. 

She said that there was no need to do that - everyone even people abroad knows her dad's business that is booming. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-05

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said that there was no need to do that - everyone even people abroad knows her dad's business that is booming

I don't know her dad's business. I know Coca-Cola, for example, and they still advertise. 

Anyhoo, a lovely story of how a man wants to pay another man to marry his daughter and for him to help run the business. Let's hope they're honest about paying the money; that way, when they do pay the suitor 10 million, they'll soon learn that business and pleasure shouldn't be mixed. 

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said she is not really interested in dating - just durian

And I imagine many of the guys asking for a date aren't interested in dating either - just money. 

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

last night I met a girl from WeChat in person. She very nicely said "You need to update your photos." OUCH!  :shock1:

Aha!  I thought you were cool before but now that I know you are a fellow WeChatter it is confirmed. :intheclub:

20 minutes ago, car720 said:

This is the same as the guys that can never get a girlfriend because they work in the rubber trees.

Not so much about working with the trees. The smell of the drying latex sheets does have a peculiar aroma.

One thing I've found with Thai women over the years is that, for some strange reason, they always look better in person than they do in photos. Not sure why that is.

But aside from that - lol at all the people who pretend that all their women are 11s on a scale of 1-10 and look down their noses at this woman. Most of you couldn't land a girl like that even if you saved up all your (draft) Chang money for a year. And you know it.

Personally, I'd tell the father to keep his 10 mil, or put it into an education fund for our children.

Only problem is - I'm probably as old as the father is ! I'm guessing he's hoping for someone a little closer in age to his daughter. Still, I have the work ethic and don't mind the smell of Durian (and am not a snob) so I may have the inside track !

The father may not be the most handsome, but he is not a fool - He know the dowry of 10m will go back to his daughter in full by cover her plastic maintenance which will be a long lasting story - no wonder that the groom must be hardworking to continue were her father left off .... :coffee1:

Archived