22 hours ago, Pravda said:

Savannakhet doesn't have this silly system yet, correct?

Not yet. but i have a friend there who works in the thai embassy.. He told me they will take actions like vientiene embassy too because they scare now all farangs will start to come to savanakhet.. Well we all know this.. People who are lazy to go to Vient. will go to Savanak. and then savanak will do the same procedures same as vientien..

So... i believe it will take another half-year for Savan. to start this.

All of these booking systems being forced on them and rushed through, are simply interim measures until full online visa application go's live in the coming months. That will solve the issue as then you will only need to go and collect the visa once it has been approved. Beijing has already gone live. The UK go's live 1st April. France in May and others gradually coming on stream over the next 2/3 years. 
Link below of how it will work

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/Images/sliders/e-visa.mp4

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mstevens said:

Great report, but what a total joke this new system is!

Thanks for that man. We just had to make a run to Mai Sai because we didn’t know about the damn appointment requirement. We now have those appointments for the 25th, numbers 107 and 108 so your tip regarding the sequential number calling is very helpful. 

Many thanks again my friend. 

• Haha 1

I say that it is time to look for alternatives.

If they really dont want us that much then lets go and spend our money elsewhere.

Let them be happy with the zero-dollar Chinese and by the time they realize what booboo they made it will be too late.

Only once you get those oligach elite dinosaurs out of the system and run the immigration in a way which makes sense for both the visitor and the resident - only then there is hope again! Until then let them ruin their own country with their Thainess - I for one just had it ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I say that it is time to look for alternatives.

If they really dont want us that much then lets go and spend our money elsewhere.

Let them be happy with the zero-dollar Chinese and by the time they realize what booboo they made it will be too late.

Only once you get those oligach elite dinosaurs out of the system and run the immigration in a way which makes sense for both the visitor and the resident - only then there is hope again! Until then let them ruin their own country with their Thainess - I for one just had it ???? 

Who are you referencing that they don't want us here?  A friend of a friend of a Thai Visa member who has posted negative Thailand information for the past 10 years? 

What has Thailand done?  It's an election year and a certain amount of "Make Thailand Great Again" can be expected.  They want $25 grand in the bank all year instead of for 3 months. 

Parse the information and weed out the extremes at both ends and what do you have?  Real cost?  A few dollars in interest perhaps and money on deposit in a Thai as opposed to Western bank. 

Who that is capable of being an expat does not have $25,000 in a bank somewhere?  So move a little bit more to Thailand.  The banks here are fine.

If you were a cheap charlie not capable of coming up with a bit cash do they want you?  Did they ever? 

My wife has not changed her attitude towards me nor have the shops I shop in or the times per day that I get smiles and a come hither look (I don't live in Pattaya or Nana Plaza).  My bank is nice to me.  My dealings with Thai doctors are worry free for the most part and have not changed. 

The Chinese are investing billions in Thai real estate as they want to get their money out of China because of a slowing economy so it is understandable that Thailand will like the Chinese. 

I think you are missing the boat concerning yourself about zero tours as opposed to Chinese buying hotels and condos. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

All of these booking systems being forced on them and rushed through, are simply interim measures until full online visa application go's live in the coming months. That will solve the issue as then you will only need to go and collect the visa once it has been approved. Beijing has already gone live. The UK go's live 1st April. France in May and others gradually coming on stream over the next 2/3 years. 
Link below of how it will work

I think you are correct, its just the first step to making everyone apply online.

The e-visa system starting in the UK in April will stop all visa by post applications. I don't think it is a bad idea but will you be able to pick up your visa at any Thai consulate or will you have to go to the Embassy. 

It would be expensive and inconvenient if you live 250 miles from the embassy.

4 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I think you are correct, its just the first step to making everyone apply online.

The e-visa system starting in the UK in April will stop all visa by post applications. I don't think it is a bad idea but will you be able to pick up your visa at any Thai consulate or will you have to go to the Embassy. 

I'm flying back to UK for a holiday beginning of April & need a new non-O multi-entry based on marriage.  Worried that the new e-visa, approved in Thailand will need proof of funds, as previously not required by London Embassy.  Also, having to go to London for a morning appointment will be expensive & time wasting ????  

Edited by Samuel Smith
  • Like 1

The logistics of serving an incoming line of clients is becoming a problem and I can only put it down to the lowering of cognitive skills of people in management positions.

It is a killer annoyance and thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

I'm flying back to UK for a holiday beginning of April & need a new non-O multi-entry based on marriage.  Worried that the new e-visa, approved in Thailand will need proof of funds, as previously not required by London Embassy.  Also, having to go to London for a morning appointment will be expensive & time wasting ????  

We will see what happens, but I think things are changing for everyone. Who knows how the new system will work, but with the changes hear I am sure things are going to get more difficult for people applying for visas in their home country's.

But at least you can have a few pints of Sam's when you are in the UK. I will be back in the UK for a month to visit family and the highlight will be sitting in my 85 year old dads local Samuel smiths pub downing pints of stout with him.

2 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Here is what you need to provide

Edited by Lovethailandelite

On 3/5/2019 at 5:32 PM, JackThompson said:

You can still use the visa, even if they put that stamp on it.   You just have to get a new passport before going to several nearby consulates for your next SETV.

Laos never had a very "friendly" visa-policy to Farangs - was behind the closed Chinese/Vietnamese version of the Iron-curtain until fairly recently.  Ironically, Vietnam is opening up, though they were the power that held Laos and Cambodia in a primitive state for decades.  Cambodia, likewise, is now very welcoming.

Thailand, OTOH, was an open, friendly country - until being pulled into the Chinese orbit, recently.  I don't think the Thais will enjoy living under the thumb of the Chinese, but that's the current direction.

I have to ask what the Chinese have to do with the Thais not wanting people working here on tourist visas. Years ago they cracked down on the 30 day stamps and the forever visa runs, then came the miss used ed visas and when that happened not a chinese insight.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

The logistics of serving an incoming line of clients is becoming a problem and I can only put it down to the lowering of cognitive skills of people in management positions.

It is a killer annoyance and thanks for sharing.

Also blame the reading comprehension of many who are applying and their inability to fill in a form correctly

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mick220675 said:

You will be able to choose any Thai Embassy or consulate outside of Thailand, to take your hard copy's for checking and collect your visa. Of course, the Mission you choose though will need to be using the online system. The idea is that you will not need to be in London to even use the system. You will be able to log in too the Gateway for instance from Bangkok or anywhere in the world, upload the required documents, get the approval and then pick say KL or Vientiane etc to attend and to get the visa.
They are waiting approval of the MFA at the moment in order to do second stage of the approval, via posting. At the moment, it hasn't been agreed for that too happen. You will still need though to do online application, upload your documents, get the approval first etc
Even when these other Missions come online, UK and Irish citizens must still apply via the London gateway, no matter where you are in the world.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

'Lovethailandelite' After April 1st when the new system is introduced do you think applicants will have to travel to the London embassy to pick up their visas once they have been approved on-line?

I think for a person living in the north of the UK this would add 200 pounds to the price of a visa , after adding travel and accommodation. It would be good if the new system gives approval and then applicants can visit the Hull or Liverpool consulates to pick up their visas. 

Once The new system is up and running for all country's maybe applicants could apply for their visas online and after approval then book a appointment to collect the visa. This would help with the situations at Vientiane. 

3 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Think positive mate ,  you  can  enjoy  decent fish n chips , in UK .

On 3/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, jacko45k said:

Might explain the desire to have Chinese instead. :whistling:

It’s even more difficult for Chinese.

That new 30 day e-visa that made the news? It’s actually 15 days and you STILL have to go the embassy and submit your passport after you pre sign up on the website, when it works.

They also only get 15 days VOA and have to go back to China to get any visa.

Thais want tourists, not long stay foreigners of any nationality.

Just now, mick220675 said:

'Lovethailandelite' After April 1st when the new system is introduced do you think applicants will have to travel to the London embassy to pick up their visas once they have been approved on-line?

I think for a person living in the north of the UK this would add 200 pounds to the price of a visa , after adding travel and accommodation. It would be good if the new system gives approval and then applicants can visit the Hull or Liverpool consulates to pick up their visas. 

Once The new system is up and running for all country's maybe applicants could apply for their visas online and after approval then book a appointment to collect the visa. This would help with the situations at Vientiane. 

Post above No 47 I explained the postal situation as it is now. I know it is a problem but at the moment, it hasn't been fixed

13 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You will be able to choose any Thai Embassy or consulate outside of Thailand, to take your hard copy's for checking and collect your visa. Of course, the Mission you choose though will need to be using the online system. The idea is that you will not need to be in London to even use the system. You will be able to log in too the Gateway for instance from Bangkok or anywhere in the world, upload the required documents, get the approval and then pick say KL or Vientiane etc to attend and to get the visa.
They are waiting approval of the MFA at the moment in order to do second stage of the approval, via posting. At the moment, it hasn't been agreed for that too happen. You will still need though to do online application, upload your documents, get the approval first etc
Even when these other Missions come online, UK and Irish citizens must still apply via the London gateway, no matter where you are in the world.

If This happens then the system will be a improvement.

Just now, dcnx said:

It’s even more difficult for Chinese.

That new 30 day e-visa that made the news? It’s actually 15 days and you STILL have to go the embassy and submit your passport after you pre sign up on the website, when it works.

They also only get 15 days VOA and have to go back to China to get any visa.

Thais want tourists, not long stay foreigners of any nationality.

They can apply for long stay visas. 15 day VOA is totally separate. Beijing is the first place in the world to get the new online application system

9 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

If This happens then the system will be a improvement.

UK 1st April
France in May
China switched for visas other than VOA in February. The rest of the world gradually switches over the next 2/3 years
Demo below if you haven't seen how it works

Edited by Lovethailandelite

15 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Absolutely. 

As long as you of course upload the proof of legal residence in the country you want to pick up your visa from, which effectively means people would only be able to get the visas affixed in their home countries or where they legally reside.

At least, that's what we are led to believe if we look at page 19 of the user manual available on https://thaievisa.go.th/

Or maybe it will only apply for certain nationalities, it remains to be seen.

Screenshot_20190307-074024_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by lkv

3 hours ago, lkv said:

Absolutely. 

As long as you of course upload the proof of legal residence in the country you want to pick up your visa from, which effectively means people would only be able to get the visas affixed in their home countries or where they legally reside.

At least, that's what we are led to believe if we look at page 19 of the user manual available on https://thaievisa.go.th/

Or maybe it will only apply for certain nationalities, it remains to be seen.

Screenshot_20190307-074024_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Yes I can see why your thinking this. It is because the user manual is referring to Chinese users that can already use this system and would of had to apply manually in Beijing. The Chinese have too apply at a particular embassy and consulates in China depending where they are resident. At this time, only Beijing residents or those that have too use the Embassy in Beijing have to use the online system. They will have to go to the Embassy in Beijing with there hard copy's for manual checking. You won't. You will upload the documents to the database in Bangkok THEN on approval, choose a mission anywhere in the world that is linked to the system to take your hard copy's for checking against your electronic upload and get the visa put in your passport. When the system first starts, UK users will highly likely have to collect there visas in the UK until other Embassy's come online. I am being told the next country to come online in this region, will be Malaysia. Of course though, that could change over night. You never know in this region, look at Cambodia and how the situation is looking likely too develop there this week with EU sanctions and Diplomatic ties looking to get out of hand. They are not too impressed with being threatened with all of this.

19 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

That's the problem.  That requirement was always on the London Embassy website, but they always gave non-O ME without any proof of funds.  I don't have an "income" & not enough time to season 10,000GBP before we (my Thai son & me) return to Thailand.  Now with the e-visa, no longer dealing with the London Embassy, but Thailand.

22 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

That's the problem.  That requirement was always on the London Embassy website, but they always gave non-O ME without any proof of funds.  I don't have an "income" & not enough time to season 10,000GBP before we (my Thai son & me) return to Thailand.  Now with the e-visa, no longer dealing with the London Embassy, but Thailand.

I don't know if they are now requiring it BUT as of this week, they are requiring the 3 month seasoning of the 800k Baht (£20,000) for the issuing of an O-A visa, which wasn't ever required. You just had to show a bank statement. Now you need 3 months of statements showing the money in the account for that period. I think you need to contact them and ask. IMO, though, with electronic application, everything is going to processed by the rule book.
Good luck anyway.