Credit-line Requirments

Somwbody knows here whats the requirments in the thai banks (in my case siam commercial bank) for get credt line? (over-draft) ?

My wife claim its impossible and only rich can get it ?

We have biz.have income.whats the problem?

Isn't it same our countries?3 months back in time stable income and u get credit line worth little bit more then ur monthly income?

Will appreciate your answers and experiences.

:o

my wife got last year credit card from SCB. they just mailed to her, if she like she can activate. the cerdit line is up to 30k baht.

her income was always bellow this, but the account was there for a while with some occasional transfers from me overseas.

The bank maybe tought why not give a chance, plus the visa card's fee is anyway higher then the ATM.

So, now we have a Visa, but didnt touch the credit yet...actually really dont like to shop for credit, but the card is practical for internet shopping, and reservations.

All in all, it isnt impossible to get one, if your business legal and money goes regularly to the bank, should be even easier.

Personal card.

As I said same in our countries u work-u put your sallery every month-u get credit line.

As I said in my country(and I think most of western countries) its 3 months back in time u get it.

Note: the bank account and the card holder is on thai nationality.

Personal card.

As I said same in our countries u work-u put your sallery every month-u get credit line.

As I said in my country(and I think most of western countries) its 3 months back in time u get it.

Note: the bank account and the card holder is on thai nationality.

perhaps thats the way ot worked in your country in the western world but thats not the way that credit checking works

its is not easy to get cc's in thailand as a farang with the banks normally wanting a secure deposit for the same amount as the limit on the card.

for thais on the other hand it is pathetically easy for themn to get in debt ..........

Thanks Rainman intresting to read.

You all miss the point as you talk about foreigner issues.

I'm talking about thai issue.

" the bank account and the card holder is on thai nationality"!

I(farang) have nothing to do with this card/bank account.