TM 30 /condo owner reports oneself?

waterskier

My husband and I (both with extensions based on retirement / USA) jointly own our condo in Bangkok.  All visa issues are dealt with at CW.  How do we fill out-process TM 30 (Notification for the Housemaster, Owner or Possessor (sic) of the Residence where the Alien has Resided).  We do not always re enter Thailand together at the same time.

Not sure if this would apply to you as an owner, but on a multi entry retirement I thought i would do the right thing this time, so within 24 hours of my re entry me and the agent (not the owner) went to Jomtien immigration to notify of my arrival and to fill out a tm-30, It was a simple process for the agent, however I was surprised that I did not need to fill out any forms, they just wanted to see my passport, they attached a slip to my passport indicating that i have registered my address in Thailand, the slip is stamped and signed, I can breath a sigh of relief knowing i wont get fined daily for not reporting my whereabouts, having said that Bangkok might be entirely different.

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Not sure if this would apply to you as an owner, but on a multi entry retirement I thought i would do the right thing this time, so within 24 hours of my re entry me and the agent (not the owner) went to Jomtien immigration to notify of my arrival and to fill out a tm-30, It was a simple process for the agent, however I was surprised that I did not need to fill out any forms, they just wanted to see my passport, they attached a slip to my passport indicating that i have registered my address in Thailand, the slip is stamped and signed, I can breath a sigh of relief knowing i wont get fined daily for not reporting my whereabouts, having said that Bangkok might be entirely different.

In late 2017 when renewing my Ret Ext at Udon Immigration, they said I needed a TM30 but all I had to do was sign a blank one as they said they would 'fill it in later'. Then they stapled the tear-off slip in the passport and that was it.

I never had to do any 90-day reports in 2018 as I was in and out of the country frequently so the slip remained.

Earlier this year, I submitted a TM30 as part of my subsequent Ret Ext renewal at Udon and they handed it back as 'not needed.' They issued the extension and gave me my passport back... with the 2017 slip still stapled in the back.

I recall reading on one of these similar threads that a Jomtien Immigration officer explained that if you are still at the same address for subsequent extensions, the TM30 isn't needed, If you change address during the year, then a new TM30 is required. My Udon experience would seem to indicate that this is the case. However, I think the clown circus that run Chiang Mai Immigration demand a new TM30 each and every time you come back home, be it from overseas or simply out of town.

3 hours ago, waterskier said:

My husband and I (both with extensions based on retirement / USA) jointly own our condo in Bangkok.  All visa issues are dealt with at CW.  How do we fill out-process TM 30 (Notification for the Housemaster, Owner or Possessor (sic) of the Residence where the Alien has Resided).  We do not always re enter Thailand together at the same time.

If you both own the condo and both names are registered as owners in whatever document CW accepts as evidence of abode and, if CW allows a person to self-notify, then it should be acceptable. I am sure someone with actual TM30 at CW experience will be along shortly to state the case. In the meantime, check on who's name(s) are in the documentation. AFAIK, with rare exceptions, most condo blue books do not have the name(s) of the condo owner in it?

Hopefully, like Udon and Jomtien, the TM30 filing at the Ret Ext renewal at CW will be 'carried over' since the home address is unchanged and re-filing after each re-entry will be obviated.

5 hours ago, waterskier said:

How do we fill out-process TM 30

I always do this by posting it with a SAE to CW within a day of arriving at my condo in Bangkok, always post it as the last thing on my mind after landing in Bangkok is to spend all the next day driving out to CW.

I mail the TM30 done by myself, copies of pp, chanote, yellow book, even a TM28, as much paper work as I can cram in the envelope as a gesture that the bstewards wont' grind me down. Get the receipts back about 10 days later. Last time they didn't want the TM28, time before they did. YMMV.

Just to note a point, the TM30 states 24hrs from arriving at a residence and not as people assume, arriving in Thailand. There is some flexibility there and it means you need not run around like a demented idiot for the 24hr period post the plane landing. I hope this takes some of the anxiety out of applying for the TM30 ????

Ken.

• Like 1

My experience with the TM30 at Chiang Mai, is that since enforcement of the rule began a few years ago, I was advised by the IO, that up to 7 days from entry into Thailand was acceptable.  They also were generally only concerned if you exited & re-entered the Country, rather than just leaving town.  However, last week, after reporting some 5 days after entering, Immigration did give my gf some grief over the fact I was late.

She explained we had entered at Nong Khai, and this involved 3 nights in hotels before arriving home at CM.  It transpired that they had no record of those 3 nights, which was obviously a failure on the hotels part to notify.  However, I was travelling on a group booking and only the lead traveller was recorded.  The excuse was accepted with a stern warning to ensure hotels took my passport details every time.

I also note that recently a friend in similar circumstances, was shown the immigration computer screen, and they really did have records of every hotel stay where he had submitted his passport .... so they do log this info that the hotels provide !

I guess the message to all is that this is not a passing fad by the authorities ... its something we had better get used to if you want to stay within the "law".

Fill out both parts of the TM 30 and attach a copy of your passports id page and TM 6 card. Mail to Immigration Division 1, Government Complex, Moo 3 Chaengwattana Rd Son 7, Laksi 10210

Include a self addressed envelope with stamps.

42 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

No need to give them an ace in The hole to ruin your extension day.  There are plenty of reports that it is now required at CW.

10 hours ago, Russ McD said:

excuse was accepted with a stern warning to ensure hotels took my passport details every time.

How does one accept a stern warning to ensure a hotel reports you correctly without spitting the dummy? 

On this video by Chonburi Immigration... at 3'30" to 3'55" the narrator says that long term residents don't have to do the TM30. 

"So if we live in our homes we don't need to register again"... because the 90 day report registers the address.

It is from April 2017 so may be out of date. I wonder if it is inaccurate too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStMlfgVu8Y&feature=youtu.be

On this video by Chonburi Immigration... at 3'30" to 3'55" the narrator says that long term residents don't have to do the TM30. 

"So if we live in our homes we don't need to register again"... because the 90 day report registers the address.

It is from April 2017 so may be out of date. I wonder if it is inaccurate too?

Wrong. TM30 has nothing to do with 90 day reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article 37 is for people from outside Thailand, like you and me.

002-723x1024.jpg.465ca3e42513cad8cb6d6820e722228b.jpg

Article 38 is for the homeowner/houselord/rental office, many of them are Thai, only have the pamflet in Thai. A few non-thais are owner but no english text available.

This one has to do with notification of stay of foreigner on their permises.

Even CW in Bangkok have now these on their walls.

007-722x1024.jpg.c7240102bb9b90bd4a1588f792869286.jpg

Another attachments

005.thumb.jpg.1f4eb2f04c0a857dc79823a9ef39c200.jpg29492.jpg

004.jpg001-723x1024.jpg

Edited by donim
resizing to fit

1 minute ago, donim said:

Article 37 is for people from outside Thailand, like you and me.

002-723x1024.jpg.465ca3e42513cad8cb6d6820e722228b.jpg

I am breaking the third point in this article, and will not do this as this is really rubbish.

I am living on the border of my changwat, and sometimes stay outisde the changwat I am in, for any reason field trip for work or visiting my Thai family two changwats from here.

I feel enough being incriminated as a ciriminal with a anklebelt because the fourth point.

Rgds,

• 2 weeks later...

The respondents on this thread who comply with TM30 rules in Bangkok all seem to fill out the form and mail it to CW.

Wouldn't it be easier to provide details online? I thought that 'house masters' were able to get online accounts with immigration to do that.

Does anybody know whether this is possible and how to set up an account if so?

I am still not clear on this topic: I come here frequently on a non-immi-o to stay 2-3 month in my own condo. As far as I understand and as far as I got told by my condo management I do not need to register with TM30 form. Just have a photo of your arrival card, passport and chanote in your phone was suggested to everybody. Also we had checks of immigration at our condo entrance in Novemebr last year and things were handled in the described way.

So if I read this here it is suggest that I as an owner living in my condo should sent TM30 everytime when I arrive?

I cannot even download it anywhere by the lack of reading thai.

Edited by OKF

Friend of mine is back in Europe at the moment. He asked what he has to do when he comes back in July.
He usually reports back at his immi up north with a tm 30 form as soon as he arrives at the place where he lives. His passport carries the tm30 slip.

This time on his return he will directly head on to a rented appartment in the South and stay there for 1 month before returning to his home base. He is not sure what to do now in terms of tm30.

a) Make sure that apartment owner in the South does report him to owner's immi?

b) Report to his local immi where he usually lives once he returns to his home base later on or

c) Report nowhere at all?

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2019 at 9:19 AM, gzu88bv said:

a) Make sure that apartment owner in the South does report him to owner's immi?

b) Report to his local immi where he usually lives once he returns to his home base later on or

Both would be best.