Pot Luck - Meeting

Ta22

CHiangmai is getting kinda boring .

and i myself enjoy cooking . and making some fancy food .

but also love the taste of other food .

I recall some POT luck session i had in the past and .

was thinking . WHY not do it here in chiangmai .

OK.

here what i think .

Places .. can be a picnic - we can choose some nice place ( open for suggestion )

Rule -

Everyone bring something to share . No need to be alot .

maybe 2-3 serving . is enough .

Prefer you cook it yourself

POTLUCK - from my understand is like a FOOD game .

the joy of tasting different food done by different people .

at the same time getting to know people .

who will be keen ?

I would love to talk about recipe also .

if anyone is keen

Edited by Ta22

well like the topic read, - everyone is welcome even if you don't cook .

but do bring some food . if you can't cook . as is a share event .

well lucky anot is really a matter of view .

if you think you are unlucky . then i am sure you are .

I can just see it.. Who will bring what... Of course p1p will bring spaghetti sauce, Ulysses takes care of the burgers, Medish will bring Swedish Pizza, Johpa will guarantee a Maekong whiskey supply and Ta22 will ensure there's some nice hot and dry weather. :o

I can just see it.. Who will bring what... Of course p1p will bring spaghetti sauce, Ulysses takes care of the burgers, Medish will bring Swedish Pizza, Johpa will guarantee a Maekong whiskey supply and Ta22 will ensure there's some nice hot and dry weather. :o

Sabai Jai should supply the Mexican and Thai food.

"who will be keen ?

I would love to talk about recipe also .

if anyone is keen"

Alright Ta, you're trying to start something nice here. Most people sound like they're joking around... I feel mixed anyway, knowing your fellow Forum members sounds as much scary as fun ! But if something is gonna happen, count me in too. I used to be a chef so I can make pretty much anything. Budget is tight, but beautiful food from simple ingredients is possible anyway. If you keep track who's bringing what, I'll fill in the gap with something. I do good American, Mexican, Italian, French food. But of course I might mix stuff around fusion style since I'm a Californian. Depends on de mood.

...and please no grief for saying "American" food. This could be spaghetti (US style) to Jambalaya - Cajun cooking..lots of variety and good stuff.

Now we got 3

Me ( ta22 )

realthaideal ( fusion style )

chanchao ( sangsom )

People i am not sure or express interest

ThaiPauly ( are you in with your sandwich ? )

meadish_sweetball ( AT AT stew ? )

p1p ( cooked p1p - come join us . for a drink . you can bring the Mixture for the whiskey )

I am not good at reading between line .

and also if i miss out anyone name . please fill it your or express that you are Keen .

I let do it over a SAT or Sunday .

Any place suggestion ?

Edited by Ta22

Here the Update

Me ( ta22 )

realthaideal ( fusion style )

chanchao ( sangsom )

Austhaied ( Muffin - can almost smell it now )

People i am not sure or express interest

ThaiPauly ( are you in with your sandwich ? )

p1p ( cooked p1p - come join us . for a drink . you can bring the Mixture for the whiskey )

Puwa . words don't harm me . plus i believe in the freedom of speech . is a open forum and everyone is open to their own view be it i like it anot or there choose to make joke out of me .

as long at there felt good about doing so i am sure there have their very reason . beit cos there are alonely or just can't say better words :o is their choice , does not mean i got to be like them .

making me looking forward to this POT luck event .

We might just do it at the CMU waterfall . at the Local Park :)can at the same time take some nice photo also :D

Sorry for the confusion Ta; that stew was a joke directed at Chanchao - AT-AT is the model name of the imperial walker from Star Wars he uses as his avatar. :D

I won't be able to join you - until this house has been rebuilt to better resist burglary attempts and we have updated the insurance I do not intend to leave the house. The burglars know what is inside now, and I will not give them another opportunity. :D

Hope you'll all have a great time though. :o

No worry . :o Mate - your home safey is 100 time more importance then this i am sure if this turn out wlel it will be a monthly if not bi-weekly event :D

but staying at home do not slove your problem .

so i wish you slove your problem soon .

and if you need too . a few brain might be able to give you some brainstorm on securing your house . so meeting up and try to talk to someone can help .

:D cheer to AT AT stew . :D

Date - i will try to make it the following week after the Kart Meeting .

might be a Sat or sunday .

Location is open for suggestion . we are in the process of finding a nice place for a meet up any suggestion ?

Time . How about mid noon toward evening . 3 pm . at the sun set . :o

Thanks for the suggestion p1p

I suggest we eat Ton Ton stew, much better than At At. TOn TOn has a nice flavor, though a bit gamy, half taste of buffalo, and half taste of elephant. Can't really chew the At At if you aren't a robot yourself.

If Meadish can't leave,..... how is Meadish's yard ? Got tables n chairs ? Just kidding, wouldn't want to invite ourselves over.... but it would be nice if the burglars came back n we all could subdue n beat the perpetrators together, eh?

Sounding like not enough ppl who make food here. Maybe just dinner and drinks at Jon's Bar on the corner of Moonmuang is better ? Nice scenery. And drinking is something we can all agree on, yes ?