Love or no love - it's deportation for you Mr Van Der Linden

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

For once I agree with immigration.

No excuses for the clog guy.

Many Europeans think Thailand is an open brothel where any female  or boy is for sale. Its not.

Most Thai  women with a good life & career aren't interested in farangs.

Dutchy should of stuck with the isaan bargirls.

Hey Lucias, many Thai women with “good lives and careers” are interested in nice farangs, my wife of many years is one of them. You make the mistake of lumping everyone in the same basket as this nut job. Grow up.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Should have offered cash!

(or gold, or a house, or a car)

a BIG sinsot would have helped, then keep his arrogant mouth shut....Vanity betrays us all in the end...the ignorance of youth is blinding/misleading.

The story is rubbish. If he had a tourist visa, it should be good for at least 60 days, not just January 31st to March 1st. That would be an visa exemption stamp. A masterpiece of precise reporting! ????

Oh my, we have one of these characters at our hotel in CM.  Dang narcissists. They are fresh to Thailand and assume pretty Thai ladies are easy with their good looks and charm. Only to find out that nice Thai ladies are not easy and confused of this behavior.

He should be thrown out only for hitting up the girl(woman) while she doesn't want to and then starts to get anoying . What i don't understand is that he came on a tourist visa the 31st of januari and is on overstay i thought a tourist visa was 60 days. Anywho good work to send people like that back home and letting them know not everything is allowed in thailand . I am from holland myself and a lot of people dont know half of how it works her or think everything is possible and being an ass.... gets you everywhere . Well it doesn't send him and everybody like him back and blacklist them for a while .

9 hours ago, Power of life yoga said:

Haha,  His first trip to Thailand I'm guessing,  we all remember our first night in Thailand ????

I remember mine.  1970.  Just rode through Betong checkpoint on my motorcycle.  Ran out of gas at the top of the hill and coasted to the bottom where I went to sleep in a field hut.  Thailand was a different place then.:cheesy:

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

No, not at all... he is being detained while awaiting deportation... pretty standard procedure for someone who did not turn themselves in of their own accord.  It is widely publicized, and he broke the rules and then brought attention on him. 

It sounds as though he is a little off, a stalker of sorts... not someone to get involved with... It is good for all those involved that he be deported and blacklisted.

It's not widely publicised for people outside Thailand. What are you thinking?

I think if it were my first trip to Thailand on a visa exempt entry, I would likely have no idea that I could be put in jail for a few days overstay.

Especially if I was told I would simply have to pay 500 baht per day for a few days overstay.

Problem here is that many old men forget how it was to be young.

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Came here expecting comments insinuating that all Thai women would fall for any western man for the right amount of money. Like clockwork, they were there. 

Perhaps she just didn't like the arrogant <deleted> and no amount of money would convince her to give up her dignity, like most thai women I know?

Yes, yes. Should have gone for the durian girl and collected 10 million baht.

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

It's not widely publicised for people outside Thailand. What are you thinking?

I think if it were my first trip to Thailand on a visa exempt entry, I would likely have no idea that I could be put in jail for a few days overstay.

Especially if I was told I would simply have to pay 500 baht per day for a few days overstay.

Problem here is that many old men forget how it was to be young.

Wrong way around son. Many old men remember what it was like to be young but now have the experience and knowledge to understand that things change and brash self confidence usually gets you into deep doodoo.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Wrong way around son. Many old men remember what it was like to be young but now have the experience and knowledge to understand that things change and brash self confidence usually gets you into deep doodoo.

Then that isn't the wrong way around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it isn't the reality. 

Easy to sit in your ivoty tower, but when you were young you were doing the same and certainly wouldn't want or expect to be put in a Thai prison for some high jinks. 

9 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Then that isn't the wrong way around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it isn't the reality. 

Easy to sit in your ivoty tower, but when you were young you were doing the same and certainly wouldn't want or expect to be put in a Thai prison for some high jinks. 

How about I didn't disregard the advice from the older guys who knew what they were talking about.

I grew up when the local cop could find you involved in what you call 'high jinks' and would drag you to your front door and you got a slap on the ear from your dad for getting involved in 'high jinks'

It means you grow up without the belief in self entitlement because you never learned respect for others or their counties rules. eg what's the big problem with overstaying your visa when you're on holiday? Easy answer, it's against the law in the country you're in.

Are you above that because you're young or you think it shouldn't apply to you because it's just 'high jinks'

I can't remember whose quote it was, but, it was on the lines of  when I was 18 I couldn't believe how stupid my father was, a few years later I couldn't believe how sensible he had become. 

Might have been Oscar Wilde, not sure.

Think about it.

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

How about I didn't disregard the advice from the older guys who knew what they were talking about.

I grew up when the local cop could find you involved in what you call 'high jinks' and would drag you to your front door and you got a slap on the ear from your dad for getting involved in 'high jinks'

It means you grow up without the belief in self entitlement because you never learned respect for others or their counties rules. eg what's the big problem with overstaying your visa when you're on holiday? Easy answer, it's against the law in the country you're in.

Are you above that because you're young or you think it shouldn't apply to you because it's just 'high jinks'

I can't remember whose quote it was, but, it was on the lines of  when I was 18 I couldn't believe how stupid my father was, a few years later I couldn't believe how sensible he had become. 

Might have been Oscar Wilde, not sure.

Think about it.

To be fair, I've never behaved badly abroad.

We don't know how he was advised about the overstay. The rest just sounds like high jinks. Being persistent with a girl is not a crime.

13 hours ago, Power of life yoga said:

Haha,  His first trip to Thailand I'm guessing,  we all remember our first night in Thailand ????

I don't remember much about the first week ????

Archived