Location, Coordinates, or Names of any electricity less villages in Thailand

BenjaminPla33

PEA provides free service to over 50% of their residential customers. but there is a very low (by western standards) limit to what they can use monthly before charges apply.  If you are USA based people, I suggest you look northward, as the south has some issues with political revolts & radicalism.  Your power would help connect the ISIS network & you imperial devils would not get the normal loving Thai welcome.  I am american also, so back off old TV professional bloggers.

8 hours ago, BenjaminPla33 said:

We are just an NGO group trying to give people renewable energy

I strongly suggest the homes of everyone in your NGO be off grid and you all have experience living like that for years before you push it off on others. There are a lot of problems being off grid and you are not the first to try this. In fact, your first priority should be to contact the PEA to learn their short, medium, and long term experience offering solar to remote villages. There is no sense recreating the wheel and making the same mistakes all over again.

OP

Pleased you are not missionaries! 

Some of the villages / schools we help out are very remote- an hour up dirt tracks- though rivers etc - impossible to find unless you have contacts / Karen speaking guides. 

As I say - they already have some solar panels/ battery systems.

As an organisation, we are well known and respected by the schools- but this is an on going project lasting for years- and focuses on helping( if possible)  the kids get into main stream Thai schools . Clean water is one priority, and 16000 water filters have been given out - this costs a great deal of money . Paying for food, teachers salaries, uniforms also is expensive. We do not require any form of work permit.

I am quite sure your intentions are very honorable- but projects need to be on going for years. Does your group live in the Kingdom? 

You cannot just turn up, 

Personally ( I am trifle biased) - perhaps your group may be more productive to affiliate yourselves with an organisation such as ourselves or be involved with some of the smaller projects looking after kids who have not had a good start to life .

Just my view. 

Benjamin, I can't answer your question but as you'll already have learned, asking a straight question on this forum can draw lots of negative, sarcastic and sometimes downright nasty answers rather than simply answering what you've asked.

As someone else has already suggested, in case you missed it - the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) is probably your best source of information. They have offices in most major towns and cities but take a Thai speaker with you.