Why is there so much anger in Thailand?

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

I can go to my hometown in Australia and find the same stuff. We are all human, made out of the same particles and our anger and frustrations have no known limits.  

Not the damocles sword over your head but a Dundee between your legs will chill your anger down. ????

1 hour ago, KMartinHandyman said:

IMG_5875.jpgIMG_5876.jpg

The golden award goes to the man, as calm as a clam sitting on his motocycle.

As it's nothing, just a natural scene occuring time by time.

8 minutes ago, donim said:

The golden award goes to the man, as calm as a clam sitting on his motocycle.

As it's nothing, just a natural scene occuring time by time.

We could also make the same comment about ol mate who took the pics... ????

2 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Let's not forget that with nearly 70 million Thais, even a relatively small percentage of angry people can look like a big number.  Plus, it is always the negative stuff which makes it into the news.

I wish there was an honest taxi driver story for every violent crime that is reported.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

..... but TV doesn't post about it, unfortunately it appears the world is on a violence spread

like they dont post around 80% of the rest of crimes in thailand, out of lets say 10 murders in a day, only 2-3 gets published on TV and bangkokpost

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

In the West 90% of anger comes from the lack of readily available sex at a reasonable price.  Not so in Thailand.  That is why most men come here.  Thai men have it even better with the culture of mia noi and gik.  Generally speaking Thais have giant egos that are reinforced since birth - best country, best food, best climate and on and on.  Many Thai monks isolate themselves to meditate and they are universally admired in Thailand (forest tradition).  Thais think the Lone Ranger is a nut case and social cooperation is valued.  

"In the West 90% of anger comes from the lack of readily available sex at a reasonable price"

????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We could also make the same comment about ol mate who took the pics... [emoji849]

Yes I followed my LOS/TVF survivalist training and stayed calm, not letting my farang White Knight, Captain Save-a-Ho instinct kick in and get myself beaten up by three crazy chicks resulting in deportation.
I’m also pretty sure it’s not my job to settle personal disputes without a work permit because that’s something Thais can do for themselves. At least 20 people chose not to.
It took five minutes of fighting with many onlookers doing nothing before a kind grandpa pulled his samlaw over, asked my wife if they were serious and ended it.

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Humans injure and kill each other, always have.  Why would Thailand be any different? 

yes it happens in all countries but it is about how much and how often, Many expats and tourists is from Europe, Aus, NZ. thailand has more violence than those countries/region, even countries in Europe with the same or higher population than thailand has lower murders, shootings etc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

the only thing that stands out is incest & rape against family members imo, the rest falls within norm.

well, and corruption too, but that is common in 3rd world

You a funny guy.  Nothing compared to "Open the Jeffery Epstein files." That's what happens when you try to turn Americans into Puritans. 

Edited by marcusarelus

3 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Let's not forget that with nearly 70 million Thais, even a relatively small percentage of angry people can look like a big number.  Plus, it is always the negative stuff which makes it into the news.

yeah , we  never see rabid child bites dog................booooooooo

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

What a bizarre and unsubstantiated statement

why is that i can read and write thai and look thai news everyday, and the number of murders and other crimes in english news is far less

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1