Visa question

Hi all

After i got my 2nd back to back SETV from Ho Chi Minh, i was questioned by IO and he got his leader to come in and eventually i managed to get in.  He questioned why i keep coming to Thailand.  I said holiday and i even showed him my bank statement to show i was getting paid in UK.

My history

2018 - 6 VE stamps + end of year SETV

2019 - Beginning of 2019, i applied for Re-entry + 30 days extension.  After the end of the SETV + Extension, i went to Saigon for 2 days and got another SETV..

My question now is, would i be able to apply for Re-Entry as i plan to go HK for a holiday for 4 days + 30 day extension?  Would i be question as much and would i be denied entry?  I remember in my last Re-Entry at IO, i didnt get questioned.  However, i was expected this time with 2nd SETV i would be.

Thanks

Edited by pantsonfire

Don Muang seems to be getting very strict, and I hesitate to be dogmatic on this. I doubt they would treat entry with a re-entry permit in the same way as a quick visa run.

The 30-day extension should not be a problem.

Good luck. Please report back on your future experiences.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

Don Muang seems to be getting very strict, and I hesitate to be dogmatic on this. I doubt they would treat entry with a re-entry permit in the same way as a quick visa run.

The 30-day extension should not be a problem.

Good luck. Please report back on your future experiences.

Just to note, i was in main airport.  Are you suggesting, i would not leave and stay in bkk for the duration?

4 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Just to note, i was in main airport.  Are you suggesting, i would not leave and stay in bkk for the duration?

I am even more surprised if the denied entry was at Suvarnabhumi. Personally, I would risk the Hong Kong trip in your position (with a re-entry permit: do not risk a visa exempt entry). However, there are some strange decisions being made by immigration right now, and I could be misjudging your chance of problems.

• Like 1