What Brexit game is EU playing? British parliament leader Leadsom asks

rooster59

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

Thanks to the 350 million pounds a week free for the NHS.. all problems will be solved...

what do you think should happen with the money we save when we no longer pay into the EU

• Like 2

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

This hard border between N - S Ireland will not affect Dublin, Cork etc, but for the people 20-25 km away from this border it will be a disaster. For S-Ireland, the break-ways of Wales with all its beef, pork will be a blessing, as imports into the EU of beef, port, sheep, poultry, fish (products) is quite difficult seen all veterinary and phytosanitaty regulations and inspections. With a hard-Brexit, FSA inspections are not of interest anymore.

The problem is hard border and the IRA kick off again. They've already fired off a couple of warning shots.

No one wants that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Funny you should mention that, because when we have left the EU protection racket, we have control of our borders, tariffs, trade policy, trade deals, the lot, not the EU.

What trade deals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How little you know about the NHS. My wife, daughter and her husband work in the NHS. To bring it back to where it was 20 years ago (and it was underfunded then) would require at least that amount.

However, they would get none of it, it would be used to give tax breaks for the rich, telling the public that it's the best way to regenerate the economy. Same as Trump in the US.

You're entirely right, the world has changed, and not in a good way.

I'm alright, my Thai kids might be alright, but I doubt my Brit kids will be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Funny you should mention that, because when we have left the EU protection racket, we have control of our borders, tariffs, trade policy, trade deals, the lot, not the EU.

Except the Irish border. Head in the sand on that one by your fellow merry band of travellers and pretending it doesn’t need to be controlled! 

Just turn a blind eye one of them says! 

4 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Somehow I can see milk and beef crossing the border still with a blind eye on both sides! After all - HM Customs like a cuppa and a burger too!

Edited by samran

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its the game of making millions of euros from rinsed out pounds making the UK cheap to come and stay and settle for foreigners just what the Brexiteers ordered ????

You think they will come to the new province of Pakistan and bring an umbrella?

• Haha 1

How little you know about the NHS. My wife, daughter and her husband work in the NHS. To bring it back to where it was 20 years ago (and it was underfunded then) would require at least that amount.

However, they would get none of it, it would be used to give tax breaks for the rich, telling the public that it's the best way to regenerate the economy. Same as Trump in the US.

The NHS already receives far too much money.
Billion 125 in 2017/18 and May has promised an extra 20 Billion pa by 2024.

How did you decide to give our EU savings to the rich? The chancellor may have different ideas about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

How did you decide to give our EU savings to the rich? The chancellor may have different ideas about that.

Well, if you knew the NHS intimately, you would know that it's nowhere near enough money.

The chancellor is a Tory. They have enacted this policy before and with the Bullingdon Club at the helm, they will enact this policy again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The British public disagree with you.

https://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2018/06/public-overwhelming-support-rise-health-and-social-care-spend1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well, if you knew the NHS intimately, you would know that it's nowhere near enough money.

The chancellor is a Tory. They have enacted this policy before and with the Bullingdon Club at the helm, they will enact this policy again.

"Well, if you knew the NHS intimately, you would know that it's nowhere near enough money."

I'm pretty sure that's because a govt. (Blair's? or was it Thatcher's?) decided the NHS required MANY more layers of admin...... ☹️

Agree with the second para., but as a result of the brexit referendum I don't think they'll be brave enough to try this for a while.

Edited by dick dasterdly

3 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

That is one view.  The other view is that the EU have discovered the Achiles Tendon of the UK which is the Northern/Southern Ireland Border issue.  UK has made creditable proposals on how to manage the Border Crossing and lets face it modern technology could easily overcome this, but the EU have said no.  Why?  Because they are very angry that the UK has the temerity to leave and to stop the massive payments to this "Jobs for the Boys" autocracy.  They also want to make an example of the UK to frighten off the other Members from even thinking of leaving the EU.  I have my doubts as to how long the EU will remain a creditable Union of the 27 Countries who are currently Members, some of whom have already expressed thoughts of leaving.

modern technology could easily overcome this" 

well, what precisely are these miracle technologies and where are they actually effectively used …?  

as there is no concrete answer , we have to assume that nobody knows yet and a lot remains to be invented