What Brexit game is EU playing? British parliament leader Leadsom asks

rooster59

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Drifting off topic here, but that chap was mentally ill and had got the impression that she didn’t care about her constituents. Probably due to her support for Syria and Palestine, which pandered to the overwhelming Muslim majority in Batley and Spen. Tragic for her but nothing to do with Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I’ve never argued that far right wing views and mental illness are mutually exclusive.

It seems while having accepted his mental illness you’ve bought into his thinking.

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

Thank you.

I agree entirely with everything Brendan Cox said. I agree entirely with his statement that the 52% of people who voted Brexit had nothing to do with her murder and that her murder was nothing to do with the vote.

I absolutely agree with his statements regarding inclusivity.

As I clearly stated, her murderer was an extremist in the Brexit camp.

Nobody has argued that Jo Cox was not selfless in her service as an MP or that she entered politics for her own good (the other half of my point), though Loiner (a Brexit supporter) did offer some revealing excuses for her murderer.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

I‘m wondering if the oh so democratic union on the other side of the channel gives its member states the same veto right. How can the UK people actually vote Olly Robbins out of office? 

If the question is if all EU members states have the same veto right ....the answer is "yes"

The UK people can vote Olly Robbins out of office by voting with a majority in the next general election against the government which appointed him

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

Very good post Chomper, but the only issue I have with it, is when you say and I feel you had no reason to say it is.

"As I clearly stated, her murderer was an extremist in the Brexit camp."

It had nothing to do with Brexit, so why mention he was from the Brexit camp.

Her brother said it had nothing to do with the vote.

The xenophobia and racism that motivated Jo Cox’s killer is frequently reflected in posts made here on TVF by members who are Brexit supporters . Refer Loiner’s excuses for Cox’s murderer.

Xenophobia and racism are firmly planted in the Brexit camp.

3 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

If the question is if all EU members states have the same veto right ....the answer is "yes"

The UK people can vote Olly Robbins out of office by voting with a majority in the next general election against the government which appointed him

O(i)lly Robins is a 'Sir Humphrey' and therefore isn't in office!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

All rather bigoted of you isn’t it Mr Higgot? Classifying the Brexit campers as extremists, xenophobes and racists is slightly blinkered to say the least.
As for what you are thinking, about my thinking, about his thinking.... Your long range mind reading skills are a bit mental. You could almost offend me

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

All rather hyperbole of you Loiner.

I strongly suggest you keep the discussion civil.   A few members are getting a little too personal in their remarks.   Here's from the rules:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.