Update 12th March online booking www.thaivisavientiane.com

Update 12th March, from the online booking Vientiane, Royal Thai Embassy. www.thaivisavientiane.com . You must register with your real email and personal information. Than you get an email with the log in info. Book your date and wait till you get the confirmation. This confirmation is important as you need it at the gate of the Embassy. Same day booking not possible, at midnight they cut off. They also put a disclaimer there. We just checked now and dates available for booking are. 12th, actual Embassy closed. 13th no slot, should be real bookings. 14th no slot, should be real bookings. 15th, Embassy closed, but for people applied on 14th can pick up in the morning 09:00 to 12:00. 18th no slot, but still can contact us. 19th no slot. 20th no slot. 21st no slot. After that date Embassy changed to real booking with email n real passport info, for 22nd still 50 slots available. 25th no slot. 26th suddenly full. 27th available 64 slots. 28th available 10 slots. 29th available 190 slots. April: 1st available 56 slots. 2nd available 136 slots. 3rd available 166 slots. 4th available 111 slots. 5th available 197 slots. Monday 8th, the first problem as booking site show Holiday, but Embassy Calendar show no holiday. After 8th April no schedule yet, they will open around 3-4 weeks beforehand. We will try to update daily.

• Thanks 1

The 8th is a holiday here. This from a list of holidays I did.

"8 April (Monday) Substitute For Chakri Day On the 6th'

The 12th may also be a holiday since it was added by the cabinet on the 12th of February.

yes and no. Last year they were actually very reliable, but with some recent staff or policy changes inside they are not so eager anymore. As booking system is down since this afternoon I have even my own thoughts.... This morning the Embassy staff even denied person with confirmed queue number above 450 to enter the Embassy, claiming the codes and booking are fake. All companies had people denied, after negotiations they were allowed in, but some were asked to log into their mail accounts to prove that they had real bookings. I wonder what's next....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, visarunner said:

yes and no. Last year they were actually very reliable, but with some recent staff or policy changes inside they are not so eager anymore. As booking system is down since this afternoon I have even my own thoughts.... This morning the Embassy staff even denied person with confirmed queue number above 450 to enter the Embassy, claiming the codes and booking are fake. All companies had people denied, after negotiations they were allowed in, but some were asked to log into their mail accounts to prove that they had real bookings. I wonder what's next....

It is a great shame. For a long time, Vientiane was service minded, and innovative in finding ways to process the huge number of applicants they were faced with. The problem with the appointment system was that it was rushed into use without proper thought or testing. The kinds of problems they have encountered were entirely predictable.