Need help with. A gift decision

jimmyyy

Next weekend HD my father in laws birthday.   He loves beer but hardly ever to excess.   Last year we got him some whiskey and it's still in the bottle.   Mother in law says try beer as gift.   So I don't drink beer I am a whisky guy.   

Normally he buys 2 Chang's a day for after work.   There is a huge selection of beers in the shop next big town over.   Figure I will get him a case.  Any suggestions from those of you that enjoy beer.    

12 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Wife is doing that, booze is my job.   He really helps us out alot, and loves beer.

From my experience Thais know what they like and are wary of trying new things. If I where you I would take the safe option and buy him a box or two of Chang.

Two boxes is 24 bottles.  But not really a surprise... 

So why not give 1 box (12 bottles Chang) and 2 cartons (6 bottles Chang). 

But also give 6 different beers, so that he can change taste from time to time (and maybe discover he likes one more than Chang).

Suggestions for the 6 different ones: obviously not the regular brands like Leo or Singha, but non-Thai beers like Beer Lao, Federbrau, San Miguel, Tiger, ... (all of these are appreciated by most beer drinkers).

The first gift we bought my father in law was a decent watch from Canada. Wasn't expensive to us but he loved it. Wore it all the time and it went to the funeral pyre with him when he finally passed.

13 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

The first gift we bought my father in law was a decent watch from Canada. Wasn't expensive to us but he loved it. Wore it all the time and it went to the funeral pyre with him when he finally passed.

Yep, way to go. I bought a watch for my FIL for birthday. First thing he did was go & visit his mates in the village to show it off. It doesn't have to be expensive.

Archived