Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O Visa

For the last 2 years I have obtained a one year Multiple entry Non immigrant O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai without any problems from Penang. We have now moved from the south of Thailand to Nong Khai. Does anybody know if I will be able to get the same visa in Vientienne as I understand this type of visa is becoming difficult to obtain. If not my simplest two options appear to be either return to Penang or applying for a one year extension at Nong Khai Immigration. I welcome any comments.

You are not likely to obtain such a visa at either Vientiane or Penang. The only places local that seem to issue at all are KL and Singapore and in the case of Singapore you will require a bank account with more than 400k in it. If you can meet the 40k family income believe that an extension of stay from Immigration would be your best bet.

For the last 2 years I have obtained a one year Multiple entry Non immigrant O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai without any problems from Penang. We have now moved from the south of Thailand to Nong Khai. Does anybody know if I will be able to get the same visa in Vientienne as I understand this type of visa is becoming difficult to obtain. If not my simplest two options appear to be either return to Penang or applying for a one year extension at Nong Khai Immigration. I welcome any comments.

If you meet the financial requirements for an extension, you will be able to get a 1 year extension at immigration.

If you can not get an extension, you will need to apply for a new visa.

The only places that offer 1 year Non O's, apart from your own country is Singaopre (and they want to see 400K in the bank) or KL. KL seem to be not as strict as Singapore when it comes to proving financial status. You can deffinently get a 1 year in Singapore as long as you have the funds, but allthough the funds are not always asked for in KL, they might still not issue a 1 year to you if they dont like you. Vientienne is a no go for a 1 year visa, so is Penang. Penang will give you only a single entry as will Vientiene. So KL or Singapore are your best bets.

• 11 months later...
You are not likely to obtain such a visa at either Vientiane of Penang. The only places local that seem to issue at all are KL and Singapore and in the case of Singapore you will require a bank account with more than 400k in it. If you can meet the 40k family income believe that an extension of stay from Immigration would be your best bet.

Hi Lopburi

You seem to know everything.

I am 61 and have Thai wife and 3 year old daughter.

5 years non type O visa. I cant show much money now.

What is my best option please??

Richard

You are not likely to obtain such a visa at either Vientiane of Penang. The only places local that seem to issue at all are KL and Singapore and in the case of Singapore you will require a bank account with more than 400k in it. If you can meet the 40k family income believe that an extension of stay from Immigration would be your best bet.

Hi Lopburi

You seem to know everything.

I am 61 and have Thai wife and 3 year old daughter.

5 years non type O visa. I cant show much money now.

What is my best option please??

Richard

A year extension from Immigration in Thailand if your daughter is Thai and you are named as the father on the birth certificate. No or little money needed.

I don't mean to be nasty here or in any way smug but all the visa questions seem to be I can't live by the rules for whatever reason what is my way round them?

Am I being simplistic but to me the easy way is stick by the rules, if you overspend and can't met the criteria why overspend?

I am sure I will get in the neck now but the solution is really child's play, you know the score, instead of trying to find a loophple live with the rules.

With all the best will in the world I will never understand where you guys come from.

I was in the Los Angeles consulate office today with my Thai wife. (She was getting a new passport). On the web site it notes that "O" visa with multi entries are on a "case by case" basis. I have a current "O" multiple entry visa that will expire soon. I inquired if I would have any problem getting another multiple entry visa. The answer was "No Problem you are married to a Thai"> If I wanted to do it today they would just cancel by current visa and I could pick up my new 1 yr visa tomorrow. At $150 now for a multi visa, I decided to wait until my current one expires.

Getting a new O visa does not require any showing of money. Only when you renew your visa does this apply.

I just get a new visa each year.

Edited by old wanderer

I don't mean to be nasty here or in any way smug but all the visa questions seem to be I can't live by the rules for whatever reason what is my way round them?

Am I being simplistic but to me the easy way is stick by the rules, if you overspend and can't met the criteria why overspend?

I am sure I will get in the neck now but the solution is really child's play, you know the score, instead of trying to find a loophple live with the rules.

With all the best will in the world I will never understand where you guys come from.

I agree fully stuandchris.

I know I have only been doing this visa thing for last 3 yrs.But have learnt 1 lesson. You follow the rules the

Thai goverment set out there is no reason NOT to get a Non-Imm O visa. In Sydney Aust last month the consulate ask me to go down stairs for a coffee and come back in 30mins. Upon return there was my visa. When I made the comment on how quick that was he said this visa is easy if you have the proper paper work.

I agree fully stuandchris.

I know I have only been doing this visa thing for last 3 yrs.But have learnt 1 lesson. You follow the rules the

Thai goverment set out there is no reason NOT to get a Non-Imm O visa. In Sydney Aust last month the consulate ask me to go down stairs for a coffee and come back in 30mins. Upon return there was my visa. When I made the comment on how quick that was he said this visa is easy if you have the proper paper work.

But what are the rules, they change from week to week, month to month and year to year..

Also if you are following all the rules, why not extend in country ?? or are you like many others simply following the rules you wish to follow.

Whats the difference between you going to sydney to get one or someone going to Penang or KL to get one. surely the poster means to follow the rules is to comply to ALL the rules and extend not get new visa's.

Apologies Living LOS for my vague comments.

What i was getting at is to have all the proper paper work that the consulate require's(wife's I.D+ house rego, marriage cert+ last 3 months of 40K a month coming in my thai bank account and $225AUD) and of coarse my passport. The last 3 years have taked approx 2hrs of waiting for my visa to be processed. Reason I dont extend in country is becaues I take the mrs on our annual holiday down under, works out well.

As fishhooks mentioned above does seem to help us Aussies citizen's going to our "local" consulate

Those are not normal Consulates requirements for a multi entry non immigrant O visa. Passport/photo/copy of marriage certificate/copy of spouse ID card and fee should be all that is required in a home country Thai Consulate.

The 3 month/40k income is a specific Immigration requirement for one year extensions of stay. I do not know of any Consulate that requires that.

Those are not normal Consulates requirements for a multi entry non immigrant O visa. Passport/photo/copy of marriage certificate/copy of spouse ID card and fee should be all that is required in a home country Thai Consulate.

The 3 month/40k income is a specific Immigration requirement for one year extensions of stay. I do not know of any Consulate that requires that.

That is the point I was trying to make in my post above.

You did forget one important piece of paper that has too be subitted:

You will need a letter from your wife stating you are still married and living together.

Other than that it is a piece of cake to get a multiple entry O visa IN YOU HOME COUNTRY