3 krugerrand gold coins- where to sell

You can go to the "kitco" web site to see what they may bring in a legitimate sale.

Try not to seem desperate if you take them to a local gold dealer...you will not get a fair price...

Try to find a national gold company like Aurora to make your sale.

Good luck!

I tried to sell an American Eagle 1 oz gold bullion coin a couple of years back to a gold shop in MBK just to see what I would be offered.  The gold price per oz at that time was about $1200US and I was offered about $750US!  I said the world market price was $1200 but she would not budge.  Looking into the counter I spotted an Austrian 1oz. gold bullion coin and asked how much it was and she replied about $2200US.  Obviously didn't have a clue about the real value.  I buy my Thai gold at Hua Seng Heng Goldsmith in Chinatown or at the shop in Seacon Square.  They have a very good reputation and perhaps they would be interested in buying them.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure where to sell them, but you should get full gold value for theses and nothing less, as they are exactly that, gold bullions...

try a pawnshop if you know you can buy them back later...

Wrong. Farang gold is not wanted. I had 42 ounces a few years ago to sell in Chiang Mai it is better to stick with baht chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would sell that kind of gold in Singapore:

https://www.sgpmx.com/

James Sinclair is involved as Chairman of the Advisory Board.. FYI he runs this site: jsmineset.com

Thai gold is 96.5% - and "real" gold is 99.9%, that´s why the prices you get are way off..

- or it´s just the Thai way of doing bizness!

I don't know anywhere to sell this in Thailand at anything close to market rate. I sold mine in the UK and got full rate. I find selling gold at proper rates in Thailand an exercise in frustration or even futility. Just my experience.

p.s. I hope you declared the importation of these Krugerrands into Thailand!! 

12 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I actually sold once a Canadian maple leaf at one of the red gold shops inside big c and got a spot price for it. Didn't negotiate at all.

Not disputing what you are saying but I find this absolutely remarkable and unheard of in Thailand. The only explanation is that the shop wanted it for some reason.

By "spot price", you are referring to the buy price of gold on international commodity markets rather than a "price on the spot", aren't you?

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Not disputing what you are saying but I find this absolutely remarkable and unheard of in Thailand. The only explanation is that the shop wanted it for some reason.

By "spot price", you are referring to the buy price of gold on international commodity markets rather than a "price on the spot", aren't you?

At the time it was pretty close to kitco spot price....perhars a few hundred baht less depending on exchange rate.

I honestly wasn't going to accept anything less. They checked the gold, asked how much I wanted I said 40,000 baht and that's exactly what I got paid.