Wastewater runs freely into sea in Krabi

webfact

Wastewater runs freely into sea in Krabi

By  Kritsada Mueanhawong

722017-768x576.jpg

The Krabi provincial government appears to be attempting a ‘band-aid’ solution to stop wastewater running freely onto one of the most popular beaches in the region.

For now, Krabi canal is releasing waste water straight into sea at Ao Nang Beach.

Tourists in Ao Nang have reported that a catchment is being dug where waste water is freely flowing into sea at the famous and popular Ao Nang Beach. A backhoe was digging the canal on the beach in recent days.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/wastewater-runs-freely-into-sea-in-krabi

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-18

Krabi city population - 578,000

Greater Victoria BC Canada population - 367,770

Since I lived there in the 70's there has never been a sewage treatment plant. Right into the Pacific Ocean it goes at Clover Point

So not just LOS

6 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Since I lived there in the 70's there has never been a sewage treatment plant. Right into the Pacific Ocean it goes at Clover Point

So not just LOS

Yes that's correct but I think there is a difference. It was proven how quickly the efluent from Clover Point is removed by the constantly flowing currents in that area, and sent out to the straits....the straits are usually ebbing out to sea mostly. Although the beach around Clover point isn't too nice for swimming. I have a feeling the Gulf of Thailand is a totally different kettle of fish...(sorry).

34 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Yes that's correct but I think there is a difference. It was proven how quickly the efluent from Clover Point is removed by the constantly flowing currents in that area, and sent out to the straits....the straits are usually ebbing out to sea mostly. Although the beach around Clover point isn't too nice for swimming. I have a feeling the Gulf of Thailand is a totally different kettle of fish...(sorry).

Sometimes my geography sucks. I meant Andaman Sea.

20 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So not just LOS

• A $765 million treatment plant slated for McLoughlin Point in Victoria is expected to be finished by 2020. Started in 2017, the plant will be the first treatment plant for the greater Victoria area, which has a population of nearly 400,000. https://q13fox.com/2018/07/24/plan-on-track-to-stop-victorias-pumping-of-sewage-into-strait-of-juan-de-fuca/

Change can happen.

I've watched that creek go from clear water to stinking black sludge over the years.  Unfortunately, the currents take that crap all along the beach in Ao Nang.  If you go far enough north to escape it you are then gassed by the mob of the RaiLay longtails left idling, their diesel stink wafting in the onshore breeze.  At least you have a choice;  shit smell or exhaust.

Archived