I have a dilemma , I have been going back and forth to Thialand for three years now  to stay with my girlfriend and her family , I stay for a few months and then come home and work and to see my mother , what I would like to know is what visa is the best to get for me , I am 57 , would it be a retirement visa , so could I tell Thia immigration before the 90 day check and then  stay in the uk for a few months and then come back to Thialand and do the same again or would a 60 day visa with a 30 day extention be the way to go , on the 60 day visa would I get a flight from day one to end of 90 days or end of 60 days , this is confusing , or is a multi entry visa could in my case ,thanks for any help 

You could get a OA long stay visa at the embassy in London that allow unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue. You can get almost 2 years of total stay form it by getting a new one year entry just before the the visa expires and then a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid when you travel.

See here for the requirements. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date your apply for the extension or proof of 65k baht income.

I assume the 90 day check you wrote about is the reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. If you do not stay in the country for 90 days you do not need to do the report.

A single entry tourist visa would allow one 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You could also get a multiple entry tourist visa  (METV) that allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

If you can qualify for the OA long stay visa that would be your best choice IMO.

• Like 1

You already have best definitive advice. If your thinking that perhaps Thailand may end up being more time in future, you could perhaps get a non o and then your extension based on retirement. As ubon outlined. Bit depends on the requirements. Two significant to you. For non o option firstly you need for funds in Thai bank ongoing. Also your renewal of extension is required in certain time zone. You would have 30 or 45 day window before the extension expires to renew. 

For O-A.  Your money could be in you bank home country. Then apply for new O-A every 2 years. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

You already have best definitive advice. If your thinking that perhaps Thailand may end up being more time in future, you could perhaps get a non o and then your extension based on retirement. As ubon outlined. Bit depends on the requirements. Two significant to you. For non o option firstly you need for funds in Thai bank ongoing. Also your renewal of extension is required in certain time zone. You would have 30 or 45 day window before the extension expires to renew. 
For O-A.  Your money could be in you bank home country. Then apply for new O-A every 2 years. 
Got my second year today. Admitted untill March 22, 2020. Now have to get a re-entry permit before I leave for my 6- month hiatus from the scorching heat of Thailand

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Got my second year today. Admitted untill March 22, 2020. Now have to get a re-entry permit before I leave for my 6- month hiatus from the scorching heat of Thailand

Geez, it ain't hot. You must be from UK or similar. "Scorching heat"?.. Man up.

5555. As I have posted many times, get your reentry permit at airport. Easy and quick. Enjoy your sojourn away.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, onera1961 said:

My girlfriend and her family live in Kantharalak , sisiket , she phoned today to say its Bloody hot , her words 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could get a OA long stay visa at the embassy in London that allow unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue. You can get almost 2 years of total stay form it by getting a new one year entry just before the the visa expires and then a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid when you travel.

See here for the requirements. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date your apply for the extension or proof of 65k baht income.

I assume the 90 day check you wrote about is the reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. If you do not stay in the country for 90 days you do not need to do the report.

A single entry tourist visa would allow one 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You could also get a multiple entry tourist visa  (METV) that allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

If you can qualify for the OA long stay visa that would be your best choice IMO.

Thanks for the information , getting all the info together now , if I went over on a 60 day tourist  visa would you know if I could get a flight ticket booked for the 90  days , bare in mind not knowing if immigration would issue a 30  visa extentention , don't realy want to book another flight home , I want to stay 3 months at a time , time with my Girlfriend and then home with my mother , thanks again 

Just now, Cabrinha switchblade said:

Thanks for the information , getting all the info together now , if I went over on a 60 day tourist  visa would you know if I could get a flight ticket booked for the 90  days , bare in mind not knowing if immigration would issue a 30  visa extentention , don't realy want to book another flight home , I want to stay 3 months at a time , time with my Girlfriend and then home with my mother , thanks again 

Tourist visa extensions are always given , never heard of one being refused 

5 minutes ago, Cabrinha switchblade said:

so if an airline or thia immigration see a 60 tourist visa and you have a fight booked for ninety 90 day would it be ok or could they refuse to let me fly or worst still not let me in the country , just that it seems silly to pay for more flights 

No one can say for definite , but if theres any problem, you can go online and book a flight out the country there an then for about 50 quid (to Malaysia or somewhere)

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No one can say for definite , but if theres any problem, you can go online and book a flight out the country there an then for about 50 quid (to Malaysia or somewhere)

a friend of mine bought a flight ticket for the 60 day tourist visa  but then extended another 30 days and then had to buy another flight to get home , I want to know if I should get a flight ticket for the full 90 days or might I get caught out 

4 hours ago, Cabrinha switchblade said:

so if an airline or thia immigration see a 60 tourist visa and you have a fight booked for ninety 90 day would it be ok or could they refuse to let me fly or worst still not let me in the country , just that it seems silly to pay for more flights 

Most embassies consulates will accept a ticket out of the country within 90 days of when you apply for the visa.

A return or onward ticket is not required for entry to the country. Some airlines might ask to see one but one out within 90 day would be accepted.

• Like 1